Are Mini-Suites on Jade noisy?

sailandcruise

I noticed that the mini-suites are all on deck 11, immediately below the spa, fitness center, pools, garden cafe, etc. on deck 12. Does this mean that they are noisy and if we may want to sleep early or late we should avoid this deck? We're going on the Jade and have a hull balcony on deck 8 now but were offered the opportunity to bid on an upgrade. I'm not sure that we would prefer a larger but noisier cabin. My question would apply to all Jewel class ships.

I noticed that the mini-suites are all on deck 11, immediately below the spa, fitness center, pools, garden cafe, etc. on deck 12. Does this mean that they are noisy and if we may want to sleep early or late we should avoid this deck? We're going on the Jade and have a hull balcony on deck 8 now but were offered the opportunity to bid on an upgrade. I'm not sure that we would prefer a larger but noisier cabin. My question would apply to all Jewel class ships.

I haven't looked at the deck plans on all the NCL ships but I believe at least on the Jewel class ships that is the case--all the minisuites are on deck 11. While it might be OK to have a minisuite under the spa (since my observation is that it is pretty quiet during the night hours), the other locations you mentioned are likely to be noisy during those periods. Knuckleheads like me slamming weights in the morning at 6:30 a.m. (accidentally) in the fitness center, chairs and tables getting dragged in the Garden Cafe at all hours, pool parties etc.

When we bid for an upgrade, we don't get to pick what cabin we are going to. As a guy who likes his quiet, I'd advise against it. You'll "lose" a bigger shower and, I think, some cabin space, but I'd trade that any day for a good night's rest.

Just my humble opinion, of course.

MD

We placed a bid and were upgraded to a mini-suite on 11 under the Garden Cafe on the Jade in 10/17. It may have been 11090, but I am not absolutely certain about the stateroom number. Anyway, we were lucky that our room was under a carpeted table area of the GC. We never heard any noise except for one morning there was a brief rumbling sound from what we guessed was some sort of cart passing through the GC. Otherwise the room was perfectly quiet. As I said, we were lucky as this was a bid upgrade and we had no input regarding the specific room selection. If you decide to bid, I hope you get a great room.

Mini Suites on the Jewel Class are a good bit larger than the standard balcony rooms - 231 sq ft + 54 sq ft balcony mini suite vs 162 sq ft + 38 sq ft balcony on the standard balcony rooms. They have a full sized tub/shower, more space on each side of bed with two night tables (std balconies only have 1 small one) and a larger sofa settee. The mini suites also have a larger desk unit and additional storage vs the balcony rooms. This is one case where size really makes a difference (especially if there are 3/4 passengers in the cabin).

Noise can vary based on what directly above - for example the MB minis directly under the library card room and photo studio fwd/starboard are usually the quietest, while their counterparts on the port side under the gym get a lot of noise complaints. Any of the MA ones under the pool will get noise, but those under the buffet are a little better,provided they are under the seating areas that are carpeted.

If bidding for the upgrade it's a crapshoot because the room ya get is what ya get - no changes. If size trumps noise they are great but if you are noise sensitive I would not bid for or book a gty minisuite on these ships

If I am not able to choose my own minisuite, I wouldn't do it. We usually get an MB - toward the back. Haven't had noise issues but my brother's family was a few forward of us under an uncarpeted area and had a lot of noise from the kitchen/buffet above. This was on Gem--sister of Jade.

I have been in an enclosed balcony on the Jewel on deck 8 and in a mini suite on deck 11 on the Jade. If you are in a cabin on deck 8 forward you will be above the Stardust Theater and hear the thumping of the music from performances until about midnight. Also, dependencies if you are port or starboard you will be over the smoking area. Not fun to hear noise or smell smoke on your cruise.

My suggestion is that if you are far enough forward on deck 11 you will be under the spa portion of deck 12 and will hear absolutely nothing from above. I loved my mini suite -- I think it was 11002. Bon voyage!

Sent from my BBB100-3 using Forums mobile app

Just off Jade 9/17-9/29....mini suite 11588 mid ship (sorta). Never heard any noise. Larger room and bath very nice. However, worst service of any Ncl cruise we have ever been on. Never met cabin steward in 12 days. Main dining room staff were rude and never smiled. (In there defense, they seemed understaffed compared to previous cruises.) Staff just seemed tired and going thru the motions. Mandatory tip added to bill has taken away any incentive to give above service. Since it seemed most of the ship was on the drink package, bartenders and waiters didn't hustle to give good service. There were still a couple of good people, and we tipped them handsomely at the end. Sorry I got off subject.