Breakaway Class Clone?

Muerz

I‘ve been to Hong Kong recently and saw the Genting Dream. When I first saw her, I was almost sure that I was seeing the Norwegian Joy as it looks like a carbon copy of the Breakaway class.

How similar is she really to our beloved NCL ships? And if they are really close, why were they allowed to build them this way?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The Genting Dream was built for Star Cruises, which is connected to NCL in some way. I can’t remember the exact relationship these days, but the Spirit and other ships were originally built for Star (Spirit was called Superstar Leo for example).

I’m pretty sure the Dream was built by Meter Werft, and will be very similar to the Breakaway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Genting Dream was built for Star Cruises, which is connected to NCL in some way. I can’t remember the exact relationship these days, but the Spirit and other ships were originally built for Star (Spirit was called Superstar Leo for example).

I’m pretty sure the Dream was built by Meter Werft, and will be very similar to the Breakaway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure if it is true anymore but at one time Genting and Star Cruises were stockholders within NCLH.

Yes, The Dream was built by Meyer Werft.