Arriving Ft Lauderdale, cruising out of Miami -

scdreamer

Our flight from the west coast will arrive in Ft Lauderdale at 7 p.m. the night before our 10-day cruise out of Miami.

Better to stay overnight in FLL or MIA? We can likely board our ship in the early afternoon.

Any suggestions for pre-cruise hotels?

Thanks!

There are dozens of threads here with recommendations on hotels. There is also the very common recommendation to use sunny.org to get a great overview of the hotels in the area.

It is also frequently discussed shuttles are fewer and more expensive later in the day. You would be more likely to have to use taxi or Uber/Lyft.

I would choose to stay near FLL and make my way to POM the day of my cruise, but as Bruce states above you can Uber/Lyft/taxi from FLL to a Miami hotel if you prefer. UberX or standard Lyft from FLL to downtown Miami or South Beach will run about $35+ and a taxi on the same route will be about $70+tip. Hotels in the FLL area are generally a little cheaper than comparable Miami or Miami Beach properties. It's your call! ;)

It makes no difference. However, you are arriving early enough that driving down to Miami on arrival isn't a terrible idea. Personally, I'd just grab a hotel airport near the Fort Lauderdale airport and head down the next day. Traffic will be minimal and inconsequential.

Yea, there is not much difference between the two. You either do the drive that evening or the next late morning early afternoon.

You'll have less worrying about traffic doing it that evening though. You have a time where you could easily get to a Miami hotel by 8pm drop off your bags and get dinner.

If you pick the Miami route make sure to pick a hotel in Downtown or Brickell area. Then its a quick 5-10 minute ride to the port the next day.

The other way is pick something near FLL, and take the 45-min or so drive down the day of the cruise.

Given the time I would pick Miami so you have an evening for dinner and a very easy cruise morning. But there is not much of a difference. Hotels tend to be cheaper by FLL than by Port Miami.

I would opt for FLL hotel stay since you can get to hotel and potentially dinner very quickly. Then, I would take a tour which combines tour, luggage storage and drop off at POM----a really great value for tour + transportation. There are a few choices if you need suggestions, let me know

I would opt for FLL hotel stay since you can get to hotel and potentially dinner very quickly. Then, I would take a tour which combines tour, luggage storage and drop off at POM----a really great value for tour + transportation. There are a few choices if you need suggestions, let me know

That sounds great - I would love to hear about any tours that would end at POM, thanks!

I've recently been advised by wild Lime Adventures that they can pick us up at Port Everglades post cruise, take us on a half day tour of the Everglades then drop us off at our Miami downtown hotel at no extra cost. I'm sure they could do something similar pre cruise

We arrived in FLL and cruised from POM not long ago. We rented a car at FLL airport, stayed at a nice little hotel near the beach in Hollywood, then drove to MIA airport in the morning, left the rental car at MIA airport, and the rental company shuttled us to POM at no cost.