Bali Cruise Ship Terminal

StarFlyr

We're on a Regent cruise from Bali on Jan 1st 2019. I can't find seem to find out where the cruise terminal is. One place says they tender there and another says the bay was dredged and there is a dock.

Anyone know where the terminal is. We're on our own and would like to find a hotel close by if possible. Our agent says Regent uses the ritzcarlton, but that sounds like big bucks for just an overnight sleep.

Any other hotel recommendations would be appreciated as well as the local of where the terminal actually is.

http://www.ritzcarlton.com/en/hotels/indonesia/bali/hotel-overview

Port of Benoa if you are docking

It’s a tidal port so subject to that factor

If you’re tendering I’m not sure where they drop you

Just look it up on Google maps and add hotels in the area

We’re there in Dec and staying at the Novotel Bali Benoa - there’s a lot of resorts in the area so just check them out on Trip Advisor

c22ae9f3d8c1b768eeff85135601be38.png

Thanks Stickman,

I did see that pier on a scan of the port, but thought it looked a little schlocky for Regent. Looks like a short swim from your hotel or a bit of a taxi ride on the bridges.

I'm going to try for that hotel as well. We're doing a back-to-back around Australia on the Mariner and ending up in Singapore. 40 days.

Bon Voyage on your cruise.

Thanks Stickman,

I did see that pier on a scan of the port, but thought it looked a little schlocky for Regent. Looks like a short swim from your hotel or a bit of a taxi ride on the bridges.

I'm going to try for that hotel as well. We're doing a back-to-back around Australia on the Mariner and ending up in Singapore. 40 days.

Terminal is ok actually - we’ll it was when we were last there in 2014 - and if it’s good enough for Crystal it’s good enough for Regent [emoji16]

About 20 minutes or so by taxi according to Google maps

Try booking it through Agoda or one of those booking sites - I was amazed at the cost for a property that gets great reviews and is handy to the terminal - sure beats San Francisco hotel prices!

As an aside I have a recommendation for a great guide in Bali - he is such fun and entertainment and offers a variety of tours - you can check Kadek out at http://www.baliessentialtours.com - very happy to recommend him to add to your Bali stay

On the 2018 Navigator WC. we were scheduled to be at the dock in Port of Benoa over night (two days). There is only room for one ship at the dock. Silver Seas and HAL were anchored out though the cut in the open water the second day. Silver Seas was to move into the dock after we left the second night, but of course, that didn't happen because we ran aground leaving and had to be pulled off the mud bank and return to the dock.The third day there were four ships anchored out side of the bay area in the open water tendering in. It is a long tender ride if you are ship #s 3 or 4.

The terminal is actually rather nice especially compared to others we visited in that part of the world. There are no hotels really close to the terminal, but there are several resort areas a reasonable taxi ride away.

Edited by cwn

If you are docked and not tendering the Pier that is much better. I remember that the pier was secure so you didn't have hundreds of people trying to sell you on tours and other things.

On the other hand the tender drop off pier is not the best IMHO. As you make your way out of that area to pick up cruise sponsored excursions or private ones, etc. you are harassed by hundreds of people and IMHO it was a very uncomfortable situation.

These are from the pier where ships dock.

DSC_2708.jpg

DSC_2715.jpg