Seabourn Hard Copy Documents?

texanaust

I'm thinking of just printing the E-docs. What am I missing with the physical documents that Seabourn mails out? Do they still provide a passport type folder and leather luggage tags or is that a thing of the past? We'll be overseas, so not sure if it is worth getting them shipped.

"Texanaust" Hard copies not required, we were in the same situation on Sepember 1 2018. Our late booking meant the folder, luggage tags etc did not arrive before we departed for our pre cruise stay in Barcelona.

It was not a problem, at embarkation luggage was tagged with our pre advised suite number. Check in was a breeze no doc's requested , just present your passport , sign credit doc and have your photograph taken for security.

Within 15 minutes we were sitting comfortably in Seabourn Square

drinking a delicious espresso and feeling at home again

on the beautiful "Encore".

On return home there was the folder reminding us of our wonderful cruise.

Edited by koalapanda

Probably best to print off the e-pass.

I usually don't take take my docs, but was caught out by an over-zealous security guy at the entrance to the boarding tunnel (before the Seabourn desk) in Singapore last March.

I told him that I didn't have them, he told me that I couldn't proceed.

I then showed him my Seabourn printed luggage tags on my carry-on bag with the cruise and suite number.

I was allowed through.

We had our epass printed and used it in Dover. The checkin took it and we hadn’t signed it, she asked us to sign it then. She may not have asked for it if we hadn’t given it to her, I don’t know.

I would suggest printing our all of your documents and having them handy. It just make life easier and less stressful. I think that is why many of take cruises on cruise line like Seabourn. Is it really so difficult to print these out?

Your other choice is to save a copy of your documents to the cloud or your smart device so as to have them handy if needed. Just remember to keep the device charged.

Not on topic but just a heads up. When leaving Beijing recently, a security person confiscated my small standby battery for my iPhone. This was the size of a credit card and I could not figure out why it was taken. If you are flying out of Beijing and have one of these, pack it in you checked luggage.

Not on topic but just a heads up. When leaving Beijing recently, a security person confiscated my small standby battery for my iPhone. This was the size of a credit card and I could not figure out why it was taken. If you are flying out of Beijing and have one of these, pack it in you checked luggage.

Careful - power banks are treated the same as spare batteries and if they are lithium ion most airlines prohibit them being packed in checked baggage and must be carried as carry-on.

The size of power banks and batteries which can be taken on board is also limited. The most usual reason one is confiscated is because it doesn't have the capacity marked on it or the markings have worn off.

Edited by rols

Its now a leather (or leatherette?) case that is about the size of an iPad or small tablet plus the luggage tags.

Luggage tags. The ones shipped in the folder for our last cruise were very different from those we have had before and still have on our luggage. Previously they were secured with a small leather strap and buckle; those take a ton of abuse to the point one of ours has a buckle nearly bent in two, but rarely break. The recent ones had simple loops of 1/2cm elastic. That certainly makes them easier to put on, but a quick test showed when pulled the elastic very quickly became an extended, no-longer elastic, 15cm strip which allowed the tag to float around. I didn't manage to actually break one off, but I was quite sure the airlines would manage that quite easily. So we stuck to the old tags.

• 1 month later...
On 10/3/2018 at 11:07 AM, DC Traveler244 said:

A hard copy of the e-Pass is useful: sometimes port officials won't allow entrance without seeing proof that you're a passenger.

This is a good point.  We were required to produce our epass to enter the port at Ft. Lauderdale even though we were in a taxi from the airport.