Escape

123veranda

Going on NCL Escape Haven for 1st time & have few ?s

...do the balcony walls open (on 17th floor between

Family & penthouse suites)?

....do u get access to spa salt room & snow room & ,if so , is there an extra charge? In reading

“activities “ it says “free”

....can u make dinner & show reservations using NCL OBC before boarding?

..do u recommend making reservations b4 or wait to board & have concierge do?

Thanks so much. We want to get the most out of this.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I can't answer all of your questions, but I can answer a few.

• None of the balcony walls open up on any NCL ship, to my knowledge.
  • As a Haven Guest, you would only get access to the spa areas you mention if you are specifically in a Haven Spa Suite or your purchase a Spa Pass (usually ~$200 per person).
  • You should have access to pre-cruise concierge services and they can help you with booking shows and restaurants before sailing.

I can't answer all of your questions, but I can answer a few.

•  
  • None of the balcony walls open up on any NCL ship, to my knowledge.

• As a Haven Guest, you would only get access to the spa areas you mention if you are specifically in a Haven Spa Suite or your purchase a Spa Pass (usually ~$200 per person).

• You should have access to pre-cruise concierge services and they can help you with booking shows and restaurants before sailing.

Thanks for answering...kinda what I thought. How do I get in touch with the pre-concierge services?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for answering...kinda what I thought. How do I get in touch with the pre-concierge services?

I believe you will receive info about that via mail/email once you are closer to sailing and reservations open up for Haven guests. Haven guests do get early access to make reservations.

Speaking of Spa passes, are they worth it. I would like to see and experience the Salt room and the Ice room, just not sure how the whole passes things work. Is it a weekly charge, or a daily charge or can you do an Ala Cart kind of deal??? 16 days until our trip on the Escape.

Speaking of Spa passes, are they worth it. I would like to see and experience the Salt room and the Ice room, just not sure how the whole passes things work. Is it a weekly charge, or a daily charge or can you do an Ala Cart kind of deal??? 16 days until our trip on the Escape.

Spa passes are $200 per person for the week. They give access to the thermal spa, sauna, snow room, and salt room. I would recommend watching some videos of the spa on the Escape to see if it's something you think you might get enough use out of. There is a small, indoor, heated pool, a large hot tub, traditional cushioned loungers, and heated tile loungers. The views are quite nice. It is limited access, so it can be a quiet place to get away from the crowded, noisy areas on the ship and a very good place to spend time if it is rainy, cold, or dreary up on the sun/pool decks.

Spa passes are $200 per person for the week. They give access to the thermal spa, sauna, snow room, and salt room. I would recommend watching some videos of the spa on the Escape to see if it's something you think you might get enough use out of. There is a small, indoor, heated pool, a large hot tub, traditional cushioned loungers, and heated tile loungers. The views are quite nice. It is limited access, so it can be a quiet place to get away from the crowded, noisy areas on the ship and a very good place to spend time if it is rainy, cold, or dreary up on the sun/pool decks.

can I buy them ahead of time, or do I have to wait until we get on the ship?

can I buy them ahead of time, or do I have to wait until we get on the ship?

You can buy them ahead of time, but you have to call the reservations number. You can't do it through My NCL for the Escape. They are cheaper if you buy them in advance versus waiting until you are on board. However, you can't use OBC for them if you pre-purchase, just have to pay by credit card.

I bought the passes for the Gem, and it was money well spent. I found the spa so relaxing, therapeutic, and hedonistic. Yesterday I used some of the hand lotion samples they had in the spa -- it transported me back to the atmosphere. :)

On my next cruise (Escape) we'll have a spa balcony which is the same difference in price as buying spa passes.

Spa pass is well worth the extra $. I won't cruise without it, especially on the Escape. If you're not sure, wait until you board, then go to the spa and request a tour. Then you can decide if you want it or not.