New to This & Have Questions

PMS19

Hi,

My husband, son and I are cruising on the 11/25-13/6 Anthem Cruise. I've signed up on here to be a Cruise Critic member, does my husband and son have to also? My son is challenged and can't really understand so hopefully not. Just would like to know if there's rules about that.

Also, we live in the greater Springfield, MA area and wonder if others from around here are on this site. If so does anyone know if there is a group who has "hired" a bus to bring them to the port and how can I get in touch with them? (As a back up plan in case the arrangements we've made fall through)!

Welcome to Cruise Critics - your husband and son do not have to sign up for cruise critics unless they want to. If you go back to boards and scroll down to roll call, you will be able to find the roll call for your particular cruise and then you can ask the question about transportation and meet some of the people who will be on your cruise. Good luck!

Hi,

My husband, son and I are cruising on the 11/25-13/6 Anthem Cruise. I've signed up on here to be a Cruise Critic member, does my husband and son have to also? My son is challenged and can't really understand so hopefully not. Just would like to know if there's rules about that.

Also, we live in the greater Springfield, MA area and wonder if others from around here are on this site. If so does anyone know if there is a group who has "hired" a bus to bring them to the port and how can I get in touch with them? (As a back up plan in case the arrangements we've made fall through)!

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

You should introduce yourselves on your Roll Call thread here: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2637174

That is the thread dedicated to your specific sailing. You can ask about ride sharing there.

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

You should introduce yourselves on your Roll Call thread here: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2637174

That is the thread dedicated to your specific sailing. You can ask about ride sharing there.

Thanks Bob, I did just go to the roll call and posted a message, just not this one. I'll try that there, thanks!

Cruise Critic is simply these boards. Unless you're posting or reading, there is NO need to join in. If you are concerned about the "Meet and Mingle", anyone in your party may attend...simply tell how many will be there when you register....they do NOT all need to be on CC!

Cruise Critic is simply these boards. Unless you're posting or reading, there is NO need to join in. If you are concerned about the "Meet and Mingle", anyone in your party may attend...simply tell how many will be there when you register....they do NOT all need to be on CC!

Thank you! I appreciate your reply very much!

I am from the Springfield Ma area but have not cruised out of NJ. My sister took the train from Springfield to NYC when her cruise left out of New York, I’m not sure if that is a good option for NJ or what the routes are. My first choice would be to check flights from BDL to EWR. If too expensive I would drive, probably about 3 1/2 hour, and search parking options and prices. I would also look at Park, stay, fly options that would let you stay the night before and park for the duration of your cruise. Good luck

I am from the Springfield Ma area but have not cruised out of NJ. My sister took the train from Springfield to NYC when her cruise left out of New York, I’m not sure if that is a good option for NJ or what the routes are. My first choice would be to check flights from BDL to EWR. If too expensive I would drive, probably about 3 1/2 hour, and search parking options and prices. I would also look at Park, stay, fly options that would let you stay the night before and park for the duration of your cruise. Good luck

I don't think you can fly from BDL to EWR non-stop.

Bayonne is not on any Amtrak line. You could take Amtrak to Newark and then Uber from there to the port. Since you'll probably have to change trains in New Haven you could take the CT train to save a few bucks and then switch to Amtrak. It's going to take some additional time with the stop in Penn Station, not the 3.5 hours.

If you took the 7:08 am itinerary on a Saturday, you'd get to Newark Penn Station at 10:51 am. Then to the port at around noon. One way fare (advance purchase) is $39 per adult. The return trip isn't so good, not a lot of trains if you can't make the 10:27 Vermonter. Maybe arrange for pickup in New Haven; more trains available because you skip the leg through Hartford.

If you drove, it's $20 per day for parking, plus gas plus tolls.

I don't think you can fly from BDL to EWR non-stop.

Bayonne is not on any Amtrak line. You could take Amtrak to Newark and then Uber from there to the port. Since you'll probably have to change trains in New Haven you could take the CT train to save a few bucks and then switch to Amtrak. It's going to take some additional time with the stop in Penn Station, not the 3.5 hours.

If you took the 7:08 am itinerary on a Saturday, you'd get to Newark Penn Station at 10:51 am. Then to the port at around noon. One way fare (advance purchase) is $39 per adult. The return trip isn't so good, not a lot of trains if you can't make the 10:27 Vermonter. Maybe arrange for pickup in New Haven; more trains available because you skip the leg through Hartford.

If you drove, it's $20 per day for parking, plus gas plus tolls.

You are right, who would have thought there would be no non stop flights from Hartford. It’s funny our cruise next week out of San Juan is going to take less time to get to than someone’s cruise from a nearby state.