Pools, Hot Tubs And Cabanas On The Edge: What Are The Options?

vtcruising

Thanks for the info! Finally coming across this thread and we have a cabana booked for 12/6 cruise. I originally booked the split cabana for hubby and I, but figured we have friends onboard we would most likely be seeing come by, so switched to the full cabana. OBC from X came in handy for sure with this! And since we are in an ocean view room (not balcony this time) figure this is a good relaxation day. 

• 1 month later...

We'll be on the Edge Nov 15th. The Cabanas showed up on the Cruise Planner sometime over the last few days, but when I go to book it says it's not available after I select our 2 guest names. Does that mean they already sold out for mid-November??

I'm seeing this after choosing our names - https://cl.ly/0ccf61006757 

Edited by DebInAntigua

Was interested in one of these cabanas, but hesitant, due to price. It’s by far, more than I’ve paid for a cabana for one day. Seems like a lot of money for what you get, especially with people not being restricted from walking through. Wish someone who actually rented could give us their opinion.

14 hours ago, DebInAntigua said:

We'll be on the Edge Nov 15th. The Cabanas showed up on the Cruise Planner sometime over the last few days, but when I go to book it says it's not available after I select our 2 guest names. Does that mean they already sold out for mid-November??

I'm seeing this after choosing our names - https://cl.ly/0ccf61006757 

My cruise planner had the same thing. You could call Celebrity and try to book (or your travel agent), but it sounds like someone else tried that and was told to book onboard (on another thread). Good luck!

9 minutes ago, bacm said:

Was interested in one of these cabanas, but hesitant, due to price. It’s by far, more than I’ve paid for a cabana for one day. Seems like a lot of money for what you get, especially with people not being restricted from walking through. Wish someone who actually rented could give us their opinion.

We booked one for a day on the very first day that you could use one (Dec2). We had a very good experience, but they were still figuring it out. They blocked the walkway in front of the cabanas while in use, which was nice for us, but it created ill will for the rest of the passengers who had to go around another way (unfortunately, another parallel path wasn't built into the plan). People complained and the next day they allowed people through and someone on here who had booked one did not have a good day. People were constantly walking by and some sat in the cabana furniture (they were unaware, I'm sure), etc. I haven't heard since how they are doing it now. We've talked about doing it again with friends, but personally wouldn't do it with it an open walkway at those prices.  Either it should be cheaper, with an open walkway or they should close it off if they keep the prices high, IMO.

We used OBC and did the large one (all that was available online when I booked) - they would have let us do a 1/2 cabana, but we stuck with the bigger one. The big one is huge for two people and the 1/2 one is more intimate, but seemed less open (though probably would have been fine). The couches were comfy, the food (had a lunch menu and had a nice lunch that was included - also we were brought lovely fruit skewers early on) and drink great (we could get cocktails with our drink package, in addition to the bottled water, beer and wine that we got as part of the cabana package - also could have soda, if desired). There was sun there in the afternoon (the two chairs across from the couches have sun in the morning). The service was excellent and everyone was friendly. A relaxing day!

We will be onboard in a couple of weeks so will check it out and see what's going on. 🙂