Pools, Hot Tubs And Cabanas On The Edge: What Are The Options?

vtcruising

1 hour ago, mrstone said:

I looked on my cruise planner today sea day  399.00 for cabana yikes!!!

That's double what they were 3 days ago (see post 24) - it's more like what I thought they would be (I was thinking ~$275-$299).  My updated cruise planner showed $400 today also  (on the app only, not on the website). It still doesn't say what it includes. It's above what I would pay, though I'm sure they will be nice.

Edited by vtcruising

I got an answer as to what is included for the pool cabanas:

-Your choice of one bottle of Grey Goose Vodka or Veuve Cliquot Rose Champagne or Grgich Hills Opulence Chadonnay

-4 large bottles of Evian water

-A selection of 6 chilled beers

-Unlimited non-alcoholic drinks

-Fresh fruit skewers

-Chilled water mister

-Iced cold towels

-A cabana food menu (unclear whether it is complimentary)

-Services of a private cabana concierge

At the moment you cannot pre-reserve the cabanas for my Dec 9th cruise but I have been told that you will be able to "soon".

I have also been told that The Retreat will also have cabanas. You cannot reserve those in advance though; they are first come first serve. No price or amenities were quoted so I assume that they are just covered seating that offer the same amenities that the rest of The Retreat does.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, WonderMan3 said:

I got an answer as to what is included for the pool cabanas:

-Your choice of one bottle of Grey Goose Vodka or Veuve Cliquot Rose Champagne or Grgich Hills Opulence Chadonnay

-4 large bottles of Evian water

-A selection of 6 chilled beers

-Unlimited non-alcoholic drinks

-Fresh fruit skewers

-Chilled water mister

-Iced cold towels

-A cabana food menu (unclear whether it is complimentary)

-Services of a private cabana concierge

At the moment you cannot pre-reserve the cabanas for my Dec 9th cruise but I have been told that you will be able to "soon".

I have also been told that The Retreat will also have cabanas. You cannot reserve those in advance though; they are first come first serve. No price or amenities were quoted so I assume that they are just covered seating that offer the same amenities that the rest of The Retreat does.

Thanks, I wonder if I could get the basic cabana package. We can get all the free drinks on our package and there is plenty of food around and I can bring my plant mister. 😀 Seriously, that would be fun for this with the cash or OBC. Did you find out if it is cheaper on sea days?

I thought the Retreat cabanas would be FCFS and complimentary - there aren’t enough seats up there to start selling them, IMO. We probably will go for full sun anyway- it is cold and miserable here. 😎

5 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

Thanks, I wonder if I could get the basic cabana package. We can get all the free drinks on our package and there is plenty of food around and I can bring my plant mister. 😀 Seriously, that would be fun for this with the cash or OBC. Did you find out if it is cheaper on sea days?

I thought the Retreat cabanas would be FCFS and complimentary - there aren’t enough seats up there to start selling them, IMO. We probably will go for full sun anyway- it is cold and miserable here. 😎

The prices she quoted were $99/$199 which we saw change to $400 on the app so I am

dubious about her price quote. I am going to clarify pricing with her.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WonderMan3 said:

The prices she quoted were $99/$199 which we saw change to $400 on the app so I am

dubious about her price quote. I am going to clarify pricing with her.

You are a bad influence! I found it on my 12/1 cruise planner and had forgotten that I had some OBC left. Well, I booked one! It will be something to try once and there are only 6 so I thought I had better jump on it. Maybe I’ll invite our roll call group to visit - lots of drinks and a mister!

Did you find the list of amenities somewhere or did she read it to you on the phone?  I found the booking when I went on my iPhone and booked through X mobile website. I didn’t find it on regular website or on app. It was under dining - you scroll down the list of  venues and there it is. It says 2 hrs but that’s a typo I hope! Other places say per day. If you book, just click one of your names or it will charge you $800. Here’s what I found on the x mobile site.

C49715E0-BA9D-4D55-965A-B3149C22D08B.thumb.jpeg.3dcf330a34034ec95239049f100bcd6d.jpeg

10 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

You are a bad influence! I found it on my 12/1 cruise planner and had forgotten that I had some OBC left. Well, I booked one! It will be something to try once and there are only 6 so I thought I had better jump on it. Maybe I’ll invite our roll call group to visit - lots of drinks and a mister!

Did you find the list of amenities somewhere or did she read it to you on the phone?  I found the booking when I went on my iPhone and booked through X mobile website. I didn’t find it on regular website or on app. It was under dining - you scroll down the list of  venues and there it is. It says 2 hrs but that’s a typo I hope! Other places say per day. If you book, just click one of your names or it will charge you $800. Here’s what I found on the x mobile site.

She advised the amenities in an email. The cabanas are not bookable yet for my cruise. And everything still only shows Day 1 and Day 2 with all placeholder items for the Daily Planner. It must have to get between 10-14 days before they start to fill everything in for a departure. $400 is a bit steep for what you get, although we do have a big chunk of OBC left, but since we are planning spa treatments we will likely save it for that. My other half wasn't really enthused about spending that much money for a cabana.

11 minutes ago, WonderMan3 said:

She advised the amenities in an email. The cabanas are not bookable yet for my cruise. And everything still only shows Day 1 and Day 2 with all placeholder items for the Daily Planner. It must have to get between 10-14 days before they start to fill everything in for a departure. $400 is a bit steep for what you get, although we do have a big chunk of OBC left, but since we are planning spa treatments we will likely save it for that. My other half wasn't really enthused about spending that much money for a cabana.

Well, thanks for posting the list of amenities - I've checked almost every day for the cabanas to pop up. They finally did, but there was no way to book one or know what amenities were included. If we didn't have OBC , we wouldn't do it. It is too much, but since X gave us $500 ($300 for Go Best and $200 for canceling our first preview cruise), they can pay for us to try the cabana. We won't be there all day for sure - we tried the Alcoves on the Reflection and were in and out throughout the day. It will be great people watching and will likely have the MC right there part of the time, with its bar and some live music hopefully. Something else to look forward to! 🙂

Noticed Pool Cabanas are now in the planner under dining?

They now have a split Cabana for $200 for just 2 guests. Don’t know if these are smaller or if you have to share. There is a link for a cabana food menu but it doesn’t work yet.

6 hours ago, omarchs said:

Noticed Pool Cabanas are now in the planner under dining?

They now have a split Cabana for $200 for just 2 guests. Don’t know if these are smaller or if you have to share. There is a link for a cabana food menu but it doesn’t work yet.

None of mine offer a split cabana. Which sailing is it for? 🙂

I finally found the list of amenities online. It looks like the Cabana Food Menu may be included since it doesn't have an asterisk like the special beverage menu does. The Cabana Food Menu has a bad link so will try again later to open it. The time you can use the cabana is unclear - this says 9AM-6PM, the app says 7AM-10PM and my reservation says 2 hours. :classic_rolleyes:

image.thumb.png.e0373a56bef927355e02768d114849c4.png

Sorry, my screen grab isn’t working well on my IPad, but cut/paste info is below.

HOME/DINING/THE EDGE SPLIT CABANA (UP TO 2 GUESTS)

The Edge Split Cabana (Up To 2 Guests)

Prices Starting From*$200.00 USD Adult

15 minutes ago, omarchs said:

Sorry, my screen grab isn’t working well on my IPad, but cut/paste info is below.

HOME/DINING/THE EDGE SPLIT CABANA (UP TO 2 GUESTS)

The Edge Split Cabana (Up To 2 Guests)

Prices Starting From*$200.00 USD Adult

Thanks, I'll check onboard - the size may be such that we will keep the whole thing. 🙂

No info yet on whether or not there is a free sauna in the changing room, like  on S Class.

You can check the Cruise Planner for your cruise to see prices for a Thermal suite pass..for the  full cruise or a few days..Sometimes it is listed but not able to book...

It will include much more than a sauna!

23 hours ago, hcat said:

No info yet on whether or not there is a free sauna in the changing room, like  on S Class.

You can check the Cruise Planner for your cruise to see prices for a Thermal suite pass..for the  full cruise or a few days..Sometimes it is listed but not able to book...

It will include much more than a sauna!

HI

Hcat

Thanks for the information will keep checking