Coral Princess- Lotus Pool/Hot Tubs

bobbismith

Hello,

We are going to Alaska next June. One of my favorite activities on cruises is Sea Days, pool and hot tubs. How popular are the pools and hot tubs on Alaskan Cruises? Are the Lotus pools and Hot tubs full of water, i.e. open? Is the water hot or just warm?

Thanks!

Bobbi

We were on the Coral for an August Alaska cruise. If my memory serves me correctly the Lotus pool was not very busy. It seemed to be mainly older children in the pool. Unlike the Caribbean many people who take Alaska cruises are interested in the scenery, not swimming.

Hello,

We are going to Alaska next June. One of my favorite activities on cruises is Sea Days, pool and hot tubs. How popular are the pools and hot tubs on Alaskan Cruises? Are the Lotus pools and Hot tubs full of water, i.e. open? Is the water hot or just warm?

Thanks!

Bobbi

All pools and hot tubs are operational. Sitting around the pools is not as popular an activity as it would be in the tropics. There are lots of youth on Alaska cruises and they tend to use the pools. You can use either the indoor or outdoor pool. Hot tubs can be different temperatures, but normally never real hot. Be prepared with sweats or jacket if you plan to sit outside, it can be cool or warm.

• 3 months later...

We were on the Coral in August with our 2 kids. It's mainly kids swimming in the pools... the hottubs however were mainly used by (older) adults. It was never crowded. We actually used the outdoor pool because we had great weather :-). Do know that you can miss a whale or two when swimming 😉

Edited by MMJJOli4