Modified, Limited Cure for Blindness

POA1

This is a little limited as it only works on Chrome - and I only did the style for the main body text.  If you are using the Chrome browser, you can install an add-on/plugin called Stylebot.  Once you load Stylebot, open up the CC boards.  Open the Stylebot panel and click on the Edit CSS button at the bottom.  Paste this text into the CSS:

#ips_uid_9069_3 span {
    font-size: 20px;
}

#ipsLayout_mainArea {
    color: #000;
}

div.ipsType_normal.ipsType_richText.ipsContained p {
    color: #000000;
}

Your text will grow to 20px in size and be honest-to-goodness black.  If you need larger text, just up the two font-size numbers.

The add on puts a little CSS button on your browser bar- the red rectangle in the screen capture below.  Click it to start Stylebot.  Once you've started Stylebot, the panel will slide out from the right hand side of your browser. Clock on Edit CSS - indicated by the blue rectangle.

StylebotMain.jpg

You'll then see the CSS editor. Copy and paste the code above into the CSS edit box (the blue rectangle.)  Then click the Save button, indicated by the green rectangle. This only affects the site you're working on, not everything on the internet.

StylebotCSS2.jpg

I neeed my   techie here before I   would dream of attempting , but thank you POA>  You sometimes forget some of us are of  the age we  were long oujt   of shcool and for some,   the workplace before there was a collection of computers in most houses.  We educated ourselves   to come on line, e-mail , etc,  Congrats to those seniors who are techies.  🙂

4 minutes ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

Thank you -- I do use Chrome.

Too tired to try this evening -- will see if I can do it tomorrow -- I am not a techie.

Feel free to email me if you get stuck. My address is in my signature.

Here's a screen shot of what it looks like after the modifications:

modified-screen-chrome.thumb.jpg.93a3bf5272d9a91cb66901832e3d1125.jpg

I don't know if you can really tell from the picture, but it's darker and bigger.

There's also a way to do this for FireFox. You don't need a plugin; you simply add a custom user stylesheet

Here's a slightly improved version of the CSS to paste into Stylebot. It enlarges some of the text in the list of post/topics as well as in the posts themselves.

#ipsLayout_mainArea {
    color: #000;
}

#ips_uid_9069_3 span {
}

div.ipsType_normal.ipsType_richText.ipsContained p {
    color: #000000;
}

li.ipsPagination_page a {
    font-size: 12px;
}

#elPagination_jump {
    font-size: 12px;
}

div.ipsDataItem_main {
}

span.ipsType_break.ipsContained {
    line-height: 120%;
}

Again, if you need to go a little larger, you can increase all the 20px to 24px. Just remember to leave the semicolons in place. You just want to change the numbers where you see 20px in the CSS code above.