Port Everglades getting from one Terminal to another for B to B

jy_cruisefan

Hello.

We are doing back to back cruises from FLL on the Celebrity Edge (January 13 - 20), and then on the RC Harmony of the Seas (January 20 - 27). We need to get from Terminal 25 to Terminal 18 on January 20th. Do we need to take a cab with all of our luggage, or would there be any Porters there who could help us?

Thank you

because these terminals are a bit apart, and not the same line I suspect you'll need a taxi (sometimes for B2B when both ships are RCL (example) there is a bus for staff moving about ships of the one company and SOMETIMES you can get a ride on that ... but not the case here)

Port map of Fort Lauderdale Cruise port

We did a B2B few years ago. We got off the Royal Princess at pier 2 or 4.  We asked for the latest disembarkation.  We got into a cab and asked him to drive us over to the pier where the Nieuw Amsterdam was docked.  I think the cab cost us less than $10, but we tipped him well as I am pretty sure the cabbies don't love doing such a short run. 

21 minutes ago, british betty said:

We’ll be  getting  off of Celebrity Silhouette and getting straight on the HA Nieuw Amsterdam in December. Does anyone have any idea if that might be walkable ?

Possibly.  It will depend on what pier the ships are at.

• 2 weeks later...

For our November cruise, we leave out of 2 and return to 21.  Since we drive to FLL, do you suggest I wait at 2 w luggage (we are carry on people) while husband drops auto at 21 and shuttles back to me and boarding?  Where does he find the shuttle?  Is it well marked and near the parking garage?  Will it be there at 9:30 or 10 which is when we usually arrive at terminal 2.  

If you parked at the port then take the garage shuttle to your car then hop the shuttle to your next ship. If your pack to back on the same line they will transfer you to your next ship they did for use. Bus had several different cruiselines aboard and they transfer your luggage. Just make sure your visit guest services aboard your ship to confirm transfer.

On 11/1/2018 at 10:07 AM, Pzazzz said:

For our November cruise, we leave out of 2 and return to 21.  Since we drive to FLL, do you suggest I wait at 2 w luggage (we are carry on people) while husband drops auto at 21 and shuttles back to me and boarding?  Where does he find the shuttle?  Is it well marked and near the parking garage?  Will it be there at 9:30 or 10 which is when we usually arrive at terminal 2.  

Are you on Princess?  If so, this may help.

Once we left out of terminal 21 - parking at the midport garage - and returned to terminal 2.  A few days before disembarkation I went to the passenger services desk and asked if Princess would be providing a shuttle.  They responded in the affirmative and that it was free.  It just made the round trip continuously so we were advised to disembark whenever we wanted and told where to meet the shuttle.  It couldn't have been easier.  In your case, I would just park at terminal 2 and take the shuttle back from terminal 21.

15 hours ago, capriccio said:

Are you on Princess?  If so, this may help.

Once we left out of terminal 21 - parking at the midport garage - and returned to terminal 2.  A few days before disembarkation I went to the passenger services desk and asked if Princess would be providing a shuttle.  They responded in the affirmative and that it was free.  It just made the round trip continuously so we were advised to disembark whenever we wanted and told where to meet the shuttle.  It couldn't have been easier.  In your case, I would just park at terminal 2 and take the shuttle back from terminal 21.

Thank you capriccio - very helpful.  I'll be sure to check at passenger services desk.  Only question left is about timing.  Will shuttles be running when we are allowed to disembark early at 7:30 or so???  Passenger services may or may not have the answer to that question.  Having experienced it, you may know that answer as well...

31 minutes ago, Pzazzz said:

Thank you capriccio - very helpful.  I'll be sure to check at passenger services desk.  Only question left is about timing.  Will shuttles be running when we are allowed to disembark early at 7:30 or so???  Passenger services may or may not have the answer to that question.  Having experienced it, you may know that answer as well...

We were told that the shuttle would start running when disembarkation began and end after the last group was processed for disembarkation but I would definitely ask again at the passenger services desk.  Needless to say there will be a demand for it since the terminals are so far apart.  I got the impression that this happens multiple times each high season so they have a tried and true procedure.  I hope it all works out for you.  Have a great cruise!

Have just found out one is terminal 29  and the other is 26. 

On 10/21/2018 at 6:32 PM, Daisyloo said:

Possibly.  It will depend on what pier the ships are at.

On 10/21/2018 at 6:09 PM, british betty said:

We’ll be  getting  off of Celebrity Silhouette and getting straight on the HA Nieuw Amsterdam in December. Does anyone have any idea if that might be walkable ?

3 hours ago, british betty said:

Have just found out one is terminal 29  and the other is 26. 

Terminal 29 is out of the way with no nearby parking so park at the midport garage and take the shuttle to/from terminal 29. You can call Port Everglades to confirm the location of the shuttle stop (954- 523-34040). Terminal 26 is across the street from the midport garage.

https://assets.simpleviewcms.com/simpleview/image/upload/v1/clients/porteverglades/Port_Everglades_Map_REVISED_November_30_2016_bae57d31-04c5-41d1-b193-a4bf242d9293.pdf

• Like 1

Thanks for the detail Capriccio but we are arriving on Celebrity Silhouette at terminal 29 and then getting on HAL Nieuw Amsterdam which will be at terminal 26, so there’s no parking involved. We just need to get from 29 to 26 , two adults and four suitcases , the easiest way possible.

46 minutes ago, capriccio said:

Terminal 29 is out of the way with no nearby parking so park at the midport garage and take the shuttle to/from terminal 29. You can call Port Everglades to confirm the location of the shuttle stop (954- 523-34040). Terminal 26 is across the street from the midport garage.

https://assets.simpleviewcms.com/simpleview/image/upload/v1/clients/porteverglades/Port_Everglades_Map_REVISED_November_30_2016_bae57d31-04c5-41d1-b193-a4bf242d9293.pdf

2 hours ago, british betty said:

Thanks for the detail Capriccio but we are arriving on Celebrity Silhouette at terminal 29 and then getting on HAL Nieuw Amsterdam which will be at terminal 26, so there’s no parking involved. We just need to get from 29 to 26 , two adults and four suitcases , the easiest way possible.

I would suggest taking the free parking shuttle to the midport garage and walking across the street to terminal 26.  The other alternative is to convince a taxi driver to take you.  I think there is a $10 minimum fare.

4 hours ago, british betty said:

If it were me, I would ask for the latest disembarkation off your first ship and take a taxi to the second ship.  Cab driver might be a bit annoyed so I would make sure you tip him a decent amount.  That is how we did it when we did a B2B on a HAL ship and a Princess ship. 

4 hours ago, british betty said:

On 11/13/2018 at 1:10 AM, capriccio said:

I would suggest taking the free parking shuttle to the midport garage and walking across the street to terminal 26.  The other alternative is to convince a taxi driver to take you.  I think there is a $10 minimum fare.

On 11/13/2018 at 3:13 AM, Daisyloo said:

If it were me, I would ask for the latest disembarkation off your first ship and take a taxi to the second ship.  Cab driver might be a bit annoyed so I would make sure you tip him a decent amount.  That is how we did it when we did a B2B on a HAL ship and a Princess ship. 

Thanks for the advice. I think we’ll try a cab as it seems to be the least amount of hassle. 

• 3 weeks later...

The last time I was in a cab from Port Everglades (which was a few years ago), there was a $10 minimum fare noted on a sign - and at that time it covered most of the 17th Street area hotels.  Maybe it has increased?

• 4 years later...

I called Port Everglades today @ 954-523-3404 as suggested in a previous post. I first checked with them to see which Terminals each of my ships are docked at on that specific date. I found out Azamara is at terminal #19 and HAL is #21. She advised me that I'm in luck because they are next to each other (no terminal 20) she said I could walk. She said a second option would be a taxi (because I'm carrying luggage) She stated their flat rate is $8 between all Terminals. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

having just had to do some walking around PE due to lack of parking I'd take that $8 in a flash!!

here's a map if not yet familiar with your destination

image.thumb.png.cac969d8a0da002429452b36cae30671.png

here's your potential walk from another view ... about 1/4 mile building to building

image.thumb.png.dbaaf9122c2d94cd5ce410a9536de81c.png

but add to that the walk from ship, thru security .... thru security and on to ship .... could easily double that and don't count on sidewalk all the way but do count on plenty of traffic.

image.png.7c602ba872eea1ea5572dd772a79cdbb.png

• Thanks 1