Israel - Religious Sites of Jerusalem & Bethleham

Cruzer Two

Nice video and sharing!!  In just over three weeks (Nov. 13), we depart for Athens and doing a 20-day sailing with Oceania to Dubai in making our first visits to the Holy Lands, Egypt, Jordan/Petra, Middle East, etc.  Appreciate your posting.  There is so much to see and do in Jerusalem, but we will only have two days there.  This history and background helps much.    

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

Barcelona/Med: June 2011, with stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Great visuals with key highlights, tips, etc. Live/blog now at 241,530 views.

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Terry, 

I will be on a 21 day sailing from Rome to DuBai this fall.  Have you booked your excursions in Israel yet?  May I ask which tour company?

Thanks!

Edited by MSPCUBS
spelling

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/8/2019 at 3:10 PM, MSPCUBS said:

Terry, I will be on a 21 day sailing from Rome to DuBai this fall.  Have you booked your excursions in Israel yet?  May I ask which tour company?   Thanks!

Sorry that I missed this earlier question.  Below is a link to my live/blog.  That gives much more details and dozens of fun, interesting visuals.  Our excellent private guide in Israel was Ofir Horn with Holy Land Private Tours.  Cellphone: 972-50-4444-324
Web Site: www.holylandprivatetours.com

Happy to answer added questions and share more.  For me to see those info needs, just post at the live/blog and I will respond. 

From National Geographic last month, they had this headline: “See Jerusalem like a Nat Geo Explorer”  with these highlights: “Every visitor to Jerusalem arrives with an expectation and leaves boggled by how vast and complicated this jewel in the rocky hills truly is. As the home of three major world religions, Jerusalem attracts people from far and wide. No two travelers to the city leave with the same experience, nor do they leave as the same people they were when they arrived.”

This profile has many good tips and insights for this part of the world.  Plus, there are links to other helpful background info items.  Here is another key story highlight: "People-watching is perhaps the best cultural experience in Jerusalem. The hustle and bustle of the Western Wall late on Friday afternoon is only second to Central Station during rush hour. Watch as people complete their shopping before the Sabbath, pray, and connect with friends."

Full story at:

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/travel/destinations/asia/israel/jerusalem/explorers-guide/

THANKS!  Enjoy!  Terry in Ohio

For latest live/blog, see “Holy Lands, Egypt, Jordan, Oman, Dubai, Greece, etc.”, with many visuals, details and ideas for the historic and scenic Middle East.  Connect at:

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2607054-livenautica-greece-holy-lands-egypt-dubai-terrypix’s/

This great visual, done in dramatic National Geographic style, helps illustrated why Jerusalem is a tiny piece of land is so sacred to three major religions.:

(Open your screen/viewer wider to see these pictures larger/better!)

824689793_ScreenShot2019-05-18at9_49_05AM.thumb.png.dbfc341e4ed1b973c9232cc287aa74f3.png

Here is a great angle and overview of the Church of the Holy Sepulchre.  Dedicated in 1149, this site dates to the crusader era, although portions are older. Pilgrims and tourists from around the world visit the historic basilica each year, which is still an active church.:

874214415_ScreenShot2019-05-18at9_48_06AM.thumb.png.d2ee6754cc4a060621c28b89199d21f6.png