booking on board

redshine

22 hours ago, redshine said:

we were just given a very large amount of OBC for the cruise.  My travel agent spoke with 2 supervisors and they said because it was after final payment we just get OBC

I know it is better than nothing but neither my husband or I drink, so I guess we will get a massage every day.

Yes, that is exactly what we did.  Turns out getting a lot of massages while on vacation is a very, very good thing.  🙂

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/21/2018 at 10:06 AM, Janet- said:

This is part of an email I received about the 30 day book before you cruise but I have just checked the wording on a letter we received on board and the terms are the same, ie  after final payment no cash refund. It will be interesting to know if the OBC is refundable but somehow I doubt it.

I don't know what "please note that the precruise and on board savings are not combinable with select promotions" mean. Is this just another let out clause?

**Best Price Guarantee: Booking with our PreCruise or Onboard Savings always comes with our Best Price Guarantee from the day you book up until the day of your future booked sailing. Should there be another applicable public promotion offering a better value through a combination of lower price and amenities on the cruise and category you have selected, you will be able to take advantage of this new promotion plus the added benefit of the applicable PreCruise Savings (Please note that the PreCruise and Onboard Savings are not combinable with select promotions). Simply have your travel agent call Oceania Cruises to have the new promotion added to your reservation (subject to stateroom/suite availability). Should there be a price reduction after final payment has been paid, the difference will be given to you in the form of a Shipboard Credit, stateroom/suite upgrade, or a Future Cruise Credit, at our discretion.

Oceania Cruises reserves the right to correct errors or omissions and to change any and all fares, fees, promotions and surcharges at any time. Ships' Registry: Marshall Islands. Company Registration: 04083983.

Janet - that is exactly the same letter I was given today.

Indeed, after final payment one will receive OBC of the non-refundable variety (or an upgrade or FCC). I wonder if the OBC is in the amount of difference in the new lower rate vs the original rate or some “random” amount like the OBC for 2nd PPG?

43 minutes ago, Paulchili said:

Janet - that is exactly the same letter I was given today.

Indeed, after final payment one will receive OBC of the non-refundable variety (or an upgrade or FCC). I wonder if the OBC is in the amount of difference in the new lower rate vs the original rate or some “random” amount like the OBC for 2nd PPG?

Paul, I would expect it to be the actual difference but who knows. We'll just have to wait and see. It would be nice if we get the choice between SBC and FCC.