MSC Yacht Club Q&A

2cruiseluvrs

My family sailed in the Yacht Club on MSC Seaside and had a wonderful time. I thought I'd start this topic so that I (and others) might answer any questions you might have about the Yacht Club. 

For starters, it's basically the VIP / Exclusive atmosphere of the ship. Priority boarding, shared Butler, private lounge 20 hours a day with food and cocktails included, room service, private YC pool and buffet, expedited ship exit, free water bottles, included thermal area access all week, and so on.

Any questions you might have?

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Mrstoto said:

Hi I will be cruising with my husband and 3 kids on the yacht club. We’re there many kids in the yacht club? Did the drinks package cover the whole ship ? Thank you 

Kids: depends on the time of year. In July 2018 there were fewer than 10 children age 12 and under in the YC.  My 3 kids were with me and my wife and they never mentioned it or cared; they had plenty of fun on the rest of the ship!

Drinks: yes everywhere you can get virtually whatever you want. Though in other parts of the ship you are limited to one drink per wrist band per order. 

And be sure to take advantage of going to the Thermal Area, also included free with yacht club. And kids clubs, too!

On ‎10‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 8:01 PM, 2cruiseluvrs said:

Drinks: yes everywhere you can get virtually whatever you want. Though in other parts of the ship you are limited to one drink per wrist band per order. 

Is that specific for the Seaside? On Meraviglia last year we could get more than one drink per wrist band or card.

1 hour ago, 2cruiseluvrs said:

Yes that was our experience on Seaside in summer 2018.

Was it okay to bring two cards or wrist band and get two drinks?

On Meraviglia we had a suite on deck 15 and for us it was perfect to go to Bamboo Bar if we wanted something to drink in our cabin. Most of the times I walked there alone and I always gave them just one card. 

1 hour ago, sverigecruiser said:

Was it okay to bring two cards or wrist band and get two drinks?

I never tried that so I don't know. Seems to me that wouldn't work because it could appear you found out stole another person's card.

The only bar where I was particularly frustrated was the one overlooking the main pool. The service was slow. It was really busy. The cigarette smoke was in the air. And the staff were short with me.

48 minutes ago, 2cruiseluvrs said:

I never tried that so I don't know. Seems to me that wouldn't work because it could appear you found out stole another person's card.

The only bar where I was particularly frustrated was the one overlooking the main pool. The service was slow. It was really busy. The cigarette smoke was in the air. And the staff were short with me.

Hopefully it's no problem on Divina. If I can't get two drinks somewhere else I can go to the Topsail Lounge where I assume they don't care if I want two drinks. If they care I call room service instead.

3 minutes ago, sverigecruiser said:

Hopefully it's no problem on Divina. If I can't get two drinks somewhere else I can go to the Topsail Lounge where I assume they don't care if I want two drinks. If they care I call room service instead.

You can do whatever you want in the Top Sail Lounge as long as you're clothed! Ordering multiple drinks — no questions asked — is never a problem! And then they'll ask you what else they can do for you!