Mobile Passport In Miami

SC_GAY_Cruiser

For those who have recently cruised out of Miami:  I have read that on disembarkation day, to speed you through the Customs and Immigration,  you can use a Mobile Passport to speed you through the process.    Is this true?    Used it at Port Everglades in 2017 and it worked great.

dave

What specifically are they doing with the mobile passport that speeds you through?  Separate line?

They just glance at your passport anyways, I can't imagine glancing at the physical vs mobile passport makes much difference at all.

1 hour ago, ColeThornton said:

BNBR, read the first link that Colin provided.

I did.  Saves you time filling out forms.  But, there are no forms at the cruise port.  You walk up, show your passport, the guy waves you through.  It's not the same as customs at the airport.  I'm curious from people who have used it, does it really save much time, if any at all.  I could see if they have a special line that allows you to get out a little faster maybe it's worth it?

However, I can't remember the last time I've waited in any line for customs off a cruise.  It's so fast now that you walk up and get waved through, it almost doesn't stop.

At Port Everglades this last Sunday I even asked the officer if there was a global entry kiosk and he laughed and said it wasn't necessary and would just slow you down.  (I have global entry so was curious).