Serenity Retreat

CruiseFamilyx1215

Hi everyone! We are almost all signed up for our 2nd cruise but I have a question about the adults-only area on the Carnival lines... It says 21 and over - do they card people as they come and go?  My daughters (20 and 19) and I are cruising together next June and I was hoping the three of us could spend some time laying in the sun and dipping in the pool in the Serenity Retreat.  They aren't kids but they aren't 21 either... 

There is nobody that cards people.  If the suspect underage then they may ask.

Just note you are going to get snarky responses on this forum about how you are breaking rules and you are a terrible person and what not.  Just ignore them.  🙂

Enjoy your cruise with the kiddos.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'm a rule breaker what can I say. Thank you for the heads up.  And just a disclaimer: I DO NOT PLAN ON BREAKING THE RULES (as of yet). I just want to know what to expect.  The last Carnival cruise we did, the girls were 15 and 16 and went NO WHERE near Serenity.  Now that they are older and (almost) "adults" I'd like to be able to take some quiet time and relax!

5 minutes ago, CruiseFamilyx1215 said:

I'm a rule breaker what can I say. Thank you for the heads up.  And just a disclaimer: I DO NOT PLAN ON BREAKING THE RULES (as of yet). I just want to know what to expect.  The last Carnival cruise we did, the girls were 15 and 16 and went NO WHERE near Serenity.  Now that they are older and (almost) "adults" I'd like to be able to take some quiet time and relax!

They are adults....

I don't particularly like the 21+ requirement.  Royal Caribbean does a 16+ with the Solarium and it works perfectly.  The 16+ teens are usually quieter and more respectful than half the "adults" anyways. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CruiseFamilyx1215 said:

Let me tell you our big plans.  Sleep in a clamshell, read in a clamshell, listen to music (with headphones) in a clamshell.  That's it!  :classic_biggrin: and if the girls are with me - they will be on their best adult-like behavior.  That is IF we decided to break the rules :classic_wink:

On post 3 in all caps you say  "I DO NOT PLAN ON BREAKING THE RULES" and then this post, which is it?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, coevan said:

On post 3 in all caps you say  "I DO NOT PLAN ON BREAKING THE RULES" and then this post, which is it?

You must have missed the part of my post that said "IF we decided to break the rules" 

Edited by CruiseFamilyx1215
mispelling

4 minutes ago, CruiseFamilyx1215 said:

and there it is..... that took longer than I thought.... 

It's coming... Lol...  But now that we called them out on it they may not.  Which ship are you going on?  I have a Carnival sailing next June on Magic. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, BNBR said:

It's coming... Lol...  But now that we called them out on it they may not.  Which ship are you going on?  I have a Carnival sailing next June on Magic. 

I'm not telling you - I don't want the haters ratting me out! Just kidding.  We haven't quite decided.  Though, we do have it narrowed down to the Conquest, Fascination or Horizon.  Same-ish destination -  Grand Turk, San Juan, St Thomas, and Amber Cove.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CruiseFamilyx1215 said:

Funny - that's the other option we were looking at. If you see a woman with two younger women in the Serenity area, keep on walkin! 

My wife would say the exact same thing 🙂

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, CruiseFamilyx1215 said:

I'm not telling you - I don't want the haters ratting me out! Just kidding.  We haven't quite decided.  Though, we do have it narrowed down to the Conquest, Fascination or Horizon.  Same-ish destination -  Grand Turk, San Juan, St Thomas, and Amber Cove.

Just an FYI, the three ships you mentioned don’t have a pool in the Serenity area. 

2 hours ago, CruiseFamilyx1215 said:

Haters? you got it all wrong. I think it would be fine if your young adult daughters enjoy the Serenity Area. No one will care if they are behaved. I was only commenting on the verbiage. 

5 hours ago, CruiseFamilyx1215 said:

Hi everyone! We are almost all signed up for our 2nd cruise but I have a question about the adults-only area on the Carnival lines... It says 21 and over - do they card people as they come and go?  My daughters (20 and 19) and I are cruising together next June and I was hoping the three of us could spend some time laying in the sun and dipping in the pool in the Serenity Retreat.  They aren't kids but they aren't 21 either... 

If you don't tell we won't.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, CruiseFamilyx1215 said:

They aren't 21.  It says 21 and over.  Plenty of places not on Serenity that aren't age restricted.  Also there aren't any pools on Serenity decks.  

3 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Just an FYI, the three ships you mentioned don’t have a pool in the Serenity area. 

Oh that's good information, thank you! I swore I saw that one of them had a small pool but maybe I was looking at a newer ship.  Regardless, thanks again for the heads up!