Serenity Retreat

CruiseFamilyx1215

On 10/19/2018 at 7:25 PM, CruiseFamilyx1215 said:

Oh that's good information, thank you! I swore I saw that one of them had a small pool but maybe I was looking at a newer ship.  Regardless, thanks again for the heads up! 

The Miracle had a pool but that is a Spirit class ship.

Candi

1 hour ago, CruiseFamilyx1215 said:

My takeaway from this post and forum is that people have WAY too much free time.  Thank you all for your input!! 

You ask a question on a public forum and people are going to answer it and they'll sometimes answer in ways you don't like. C'est la vie.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, sparks1093 said:

You ask a question on a public forum and people are going to answer it and they'll sometimes answer in ways you don't like. C'est la vie.

Not sure you caught it... This post literally ended up as a complaint on John Healds Facebook page with thousands of comments and a poll.  The person even complained to their PVP. 

56 minutes ago, BNBR said:

Not sure you caught it... This post literally ended up as a complaint on John Healds Facebook page with thousands of comments and a poll.  The person even complained to their PVP. 

Yeah, I don't see how that is particularly relevant to the responses made in this thread but things do tend to spread on this wonderful interweb of ours. People can be over the top and that person is just one more.

26 minutes ago, sparks1093 said:

Yeah, I don't see how that is particularly relevant to the responses made in this thread but things do tend to spread on this wonderful interweb of ours. People can be over the top and that person is just one more.

That's why she said people have too much free time...

I think the girls will be ok - 19 and 20. The glory has a wonderful adults only pool - I don't know if it's 21+ but there is also a serenity area.  Hubs and I enjoyed the adult pool area much better than the serenity. I don't know what the current routes for the Glory are  but that could be an option. They need to spend more time checking the times of people putting their towels down and then not coming back for hours.  :classic_wacko: That subject is a crap shoot - some ships are better than others.

• Like 1

I love Serenity.  We have been on cruses where the over 21 crowd took over that area.  10+ drunken people hooting and hollering in a hot tub and generally causing a scene. I don't find anything serene about that.  Other times it was just so peaceful.  I think it's more attitude than age that should be a requirement.

On 10/19/2018 at 3:45 PM, CruiseFamilyx1215 said:

Let me tell you our big plans.  Sleep in a clamshell, read in a clamshell, listen to music (with headphones) in a clamshell.  That's it!  :classic_biggrin: and if the girls are with me - they will be on their best adult-like behavior.  That is IF we decided to break the rules :classic_wink:

While I suspect your daughters may very well be better behaved than many of their elders, Carnival has a stated rule of no guests under 21 in this area.  On our last cruise Serenity was a very small area and it was difficult to find seating regardless of the time we went.

I (probably naively) expect my balcony to be a smoke free area since smoking is prohibited on balconies.  It's frustrating to have to smell the neighbor's smoke (could see their reflection in the balcony glass) when I paid for a spot that was supposed to be private/fresh air.  It would be similarly frustrating to expect the Serenity area as advertised but discover my husband and I couldn't use it since several spots were being used by under age passengers.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, pacruise804 said:

While I suspect your daughters may very well be better behaved than many of their elders, Carnival has a stated rule of no guests under 21 in this area.  On our last cruise Serenity was a very small area and it was difficult to find seating regardless of the time we went.

I (probably naively) expect my balcony to be a smoke free area since smoking is prohibited on balconies.  It's frustrating to have to smell the neighbor's smoke (could see their reflection in the balcony glass) when I paid for a spot that was supposed to be private/fresh air.  It would be similarly frustrating to expect the Serenity area as advertised but discover my husband and I couldn't use it since several spots were being used by under age passengers.

If her daughters are not with her in the clamshell because they aren't 21, do you plan on jumping in there with her to claim your spot?  Good way to make new friends, right?

6 hours ago, pacruise804 said:

If smoke is bothering you on your balcony, I would report it to guest services.  I usually don’t worry about what other people are doing on the ship, but if people are smoking on balconies and the smoke ends up on my balcony, I report it right away to guest services.  I have only had to do this a few times, but it always stopped the smoking on nearby balconies and as an added bonus, I also got OBC and a nice letter as a result of this “inconvenience”.

I would have absolutely no problem with you having your daughters there.

What I DO have a problem with (just off Ecstasy yesterday), are the groups of 2 or 3 or 4 couples who monopolize a hot tub, drink for hours, and treat the Serenity area as their own private pool party.

I'm talking about people who appeared to be in their 50s-60s.  What I don't get is why those folks don't just go to the main (loud) pool area if they have zero interest in anything serene.  Or maybe they don't know the definition of Serenity.

It would be entirely pointless to put up QUIET, PLEASE! signs since the "no seat saving" signs are ignored.  I'm sure the Quiet, please signs would be, too.

On the smaller ships, there really is virtually nowhere (either indoors or outdoors) to sit and read that isn't noisy.  And I don't want to spend my days inside my cabin just to have a little peaceful relaxation.  The libraries aren't even quiet.

On 10/21/2018 at 1:37 PM, The7Harrisons said:

I don't care how crowded it gets, if you

If you guys are sharing a "clamshell" why would anyone care how crowded it is? Go have fun and don't listen to the grumps!

You seem pretty cool and I bet you passed this onto your girls. You all should be fine. You all deserve fun and relaxing. Lately my past 2 cruises have featured an infant invasion. Baby nation on Ledo. A little off topic but, some young parents plopped their infant on a dining table (Ledo). And nothing under it's butt. I was thinking "young family overboard!" Though ship pools are small and crowded its a bit more chill at the aft pool. Now, if you score a Havana cabin you get another pool and more areas to chillax. Though extra cost, Cloud 9 spa rocks and is worth the extra coin. Ignore the to break or not break the rules. Those who are having kittens will get over it.

• 2 months later...
On 10/19/2018 at 3:15 PM, CruiseFamilyx1215 said:

Hi everyone! We are almost all signed up for our 2nd cruise but I have a question about the adults-only area on the Carnival lines... It says 21 and over - do they card people as they come and go?  My daughters (20 and 19) and I are cruising together next June and I was hoping the three of us could spend some time laying in the sun and dipping in the pool in the Serenity Retreat.  They aren't kids but they aren't 21 either... 

As an adult who will be using the Serenity area all I ask is that they behave and I am sure at their age that they will. I plan on going there to relax and get away form the craziness for a little bit. 

On 10/19/2018 at 3:45 PM, CruiseFamilyx1215 said:

Let me tell you our big plans.  Sleep in a clamshell, read in a clamshell, listen to music (with headphones) in a clamshell.  That's it!  :classic_biggrin: and if the girls are with me - they will be on their best adult-like behavior.  That is IF we decided to break the rules :classic_wink:

Sounds just like my plans lol

Since the rules state 21, I don't even know why anyone would come on a public forum and ask that question.  Just follow the rules or if you don't, keep it to yourself.

I don't know, is it just me....but there are rules and they should always be followed by everyone.  If people think, it's only a tiny rule, who cares?  for everything - I guess I just don't understand why it's ok.

On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 2:38 PM, CruiseFamilyx1215 said:

I'm a rule breaker what can I say. Thank you for the heads up.  And just a disclaimer: I DO NOT PLAN ON BREAKING THE RULES (as of yet). I just want to know what to expect.  The last Carnival cruise we did, the girls were 15 and 16 and went NO WHERE near Serenity.  Now that they are older and (almost) "adults" I'd like to be able to take some quiet time and relax!

Last time you went you said your kids were 15 and 16.  So how would you feel if all the 20 and 19 year olds started hanging out in the teens club?    Because you are sort of asking for the same thing by asking if your kids can go in the Serenity deck.    Not that I can tell the difference in a 19 year old and a 21 year old they all look 12 to me.

On 10/19/2018 at 3:34 PM, BNBR said:

There is nobody that cards people.  If the suspect underage then they may ask.

Just note you are going to get snarky responses on this forum about how you are breaking rules and you are a terrible person and what not.  Just ignore them.  🙂

Enjoy your cruise with the kiddos.

lol...remember that thread about that from some time ago? Lady had people all wriled up! "you're kids can't go in there no matter what,  no matter how well they're behaved!!"

I bet they went and did it anyway. Probably didn't hurt anything. 

Anyway, happy cruising 🙂