Messaging Other Members

I apologize if this has been asked and answered (I searched but... well.... I'm still learning this new board format) but I notice that this new forum software appears to add the ability to message other members privately however it appears to not be functional, for me at least. Is there some account setting I need change to allow this or is the messaging function disabled for everyone?

5 minutes ago, joepeka said:

I apologize if this has been asked and answered (I searched but... well.... I'm still learning this new board format) but I notice that this new forum software appears to add the ability to message other members privately however it appears to not be functional, for me at least. Is there some account setting I need change to allow this or is the messaging function disabled for everyone?

Message capability is not enabled here on Cruise Critic.  Haven't been able to message people here for years.

5 minutes ago, Shmoo here said:

Message capability is not enabled here on Cruise Critic.  Haven't been able to message people here for years.

Thanks. I too have been on CC for many years and know that the old forum software did not allow it but since it appeared to be an option on this new software, I assumed it might be something new.

Edited by joepeka

3 minutes ago, joepeka said:

Thanks. I too have been on CC for many years and know that the old forum software did not allow it but since it appeared to be an option on this new software, I assumed it might be something new.

Well, it was an option on the old forum, but not enabled.

Cruise critic philosophy is that this is a public information sharing site, so no "behind the scenes" discussions.

• Thanks 1