Milestone cruises

blue cow dog

7 minutes ago, paul929207 said:

On our Pacific Princess cruises in June & July, the Captain's Circle Rep seemed embarrassed by the worthless black boxes. So she also gave us the crystal pieces that were left over.

I guess there wasn't much truth to Princess returning to the crystal pieces ever again. 😢

• 1 year later...

I see that much of the conversation on this topic indicates that much is left to the Captains Circle Hostess; Can anyone tell me if there is much difference in the "benefits" as one reaches each milestone?? i.e. Do the folks reaching 500 day milestone get the same as ones reaching 2000 day milestone?  Princess Captain Circle phone number can only give vague answers. TIA

On 10/22/2018 at 7:01 PM, montgomeryfamily said:

By changing the milestone to days instead of cruises, Princess has in effect changed the number of cruises required (assuming the average 7 day cruise) to 71 and one/half cruises.

Not necessarily, I am at 269 days for 22 sailings and DW at 342 for 30 so we would see it sooner than before. For both of us, only 50% of cruises are 7 days or less.

Other cruiselines use days and not cruises to determine even loyalty levels notably CCL and RCL for two examples.  They both switched from cruises taken to days on the ship quite a while ago.  I keep expecting Princess to follow that example so it sounds like they have already changed these milestones that are being discussed.  It seems a bit unfair for someone to reach elite status after 15 4-day cruises (60 days at sea).  Watch for updates on this.  Thanks for the information on the milestone levels.   We have a ways to go but are working on it. 

13 hours ago, triple7tahoe said:

I see that much of the conversation on this topic indicates that much is left to the Captains Circle Hostess; Can anyone tell me if there is much difference in the "benefits" as one reaches each milestone?? i.e. Do the folks reaching 500 day milestone get the same as ones reaching 2000 day milestone?  Princess Captain Circle phone number can only give vague answers. TIA

Milestones currently are 500 days and then every 250 after. During the cruise where you celebrate the milestone you receive some recognition. There is no published list of what is received at each milestone. Believe it is flexible on purpose depending on the cruise. When we reached 500 days we met others with 750 days. What they received was a little different than what we received, but not much. There is no on going benefit once the milestone is reached. It's a one time recognition.