boarding time for junior suite

amyntpa

Hi I’m sailing carnival paradise out of Tampa, and earliest boarding appt was 11:30.   Does having a junior suite mean I can show up earlier, or does it just mean I skip the main line when I arrive at my scheduled time?  

Thank you for any help you can offer 🙂

19 minutes ago, amyntpa said:

Hi I’m sailing carnival paradise out of Tampa, and earliest boarding appt was 11:30.   Does having a junior suite mean I can show up earlier, or does it just mean I skip the main line when I arrive at my scheduled time?  

Thank you for any help you can offer 🙂

When are you leaving on the Paradise? I booked a junior suite on her and we're leaving November 5th. Our on board time is 11:30 as well.

I’m sorry I’m a little slow right now lol. When you say this 

23 minutes ago, jmcathome said:

Board at same time as priority. Diamonds first, Platnium. FTTF and Suites

Is priority still my scheduled time slot of 1130 or can I arrive sooner since I have priority?  I’ve just never done priority before, as I’ve never had a suite before 🙂 hence the confusion 

12 minutes ago, ShadowCat92 said:

When are you leaving on the Paradise? I booked a junior suite on her and we're leaving November 5th. Our on board time is 11:30 as well.

Hi shadowcat I’m sailing on 12/13... first solo cruise, and also first time booking a suite. It was just too good of a deal to pass up!  I’ve sailed on paradise several times- including a time when it was a smoke free ship. So it’ll be exciting to see the upgrades!  Hopefully this post helps you too!  

7 minutes ago, amyntpa said:

Hi shadowcat I’m sailing on 12/13... first solo cruise, and also first time booking a suite. It was just too good of a deal to pass up!  I’ve sailed on paradise several times- including a time when it was a smoke free ship. So it’ll be exciting to see the upgrades!  Hopefully this post helps you too!  

Yes, we got the room for an absolute steal!! Neither of us have ever been on the Paradise and we've never had a suite/balcony room before so we are extremely excited. Thanks for your post!

You can show up when you get to the terminal and go to the priority line. Your check in time will probably be 1130 but you can go earlier as long as the line is not overcrowded. Usually not. Earlier you get there the longer you get to sit/ Last time on miaracle out of Tampa they actually closed the terminal because custom searched the whole ship and it was not cleated completely to 1230. Only time that ever happended ususally go eight in by 1030 to caotains lounge usually on ship about 1145 to 12

I have seen people arrive as early as 9AM for an 11:30 slot. If you are priority they will open that line first and you can complete shore side formalities. When CPB clears the ship for boarding you will be allowed on soon thereafter. Things that can slow it down is officers searching for contraband or asking the entire crew to come ashore to have their papers inspected. 

You still pick a check in time even with priority boarding. You can ignore it however. Your boarding pass will say PRIORITY on it. You can show up as soon as the terminal opens and you will board right after b2b, weddings, diamond and platinum guests. 

Thanks for the feedback and advice everyone 🙂 We just got back from sailing on majesty of the seas- we arrived to the port at 10:45 and were on the ship by 11:15.  Sure the cabin wasn’t ready- but we enjoyed lunch and exploring til 1!  It seems carnival is a bit different in that they adhere to their staggered boarding “appointments”.   Happy sailing to all 🙂

3 minutes ago, amyntpa said:

Does anyone know if priority boarding means the cabin is available immediately? 

Yes if you have priority boarding based on being a diamond or platinum. No if you have priority based on booking a suite.  However, other posters on this board have stated their suite was ready when they boarded, even though they weren’t D&P or didn’t buy FTTF.

11 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Yes if you have priority boarding based on being a diamond or platinum. No if you have priority based on booking a suite.  However, other posters on this board have stated their suite was ready when they boarded, even though they weren’t D&P or didn’t buy FTTF.

Thank you :)