internet price

coopster

8 hours ago, coopster said:

does ncl discount the price of internet when on the cruise ship we will be sailing during black friday seeing if we can do a little shopping while cruising 

I just spent 206.50 for the week, for "Unlimited Streaming Internet" which is a crazy price, but it's cheaper than buying it on the ship. They say you'll save "15%" when you pre-buy.

I go on a cruise to get away from that sh**.  Each to their own but I cannot for the life of me understand why anyone would pay $206.50 for internet access on a cruise.  There are way too many other things to be doing with your time on the ship or in port than sitting infront of a computer, iPad or phone.

8 minutes ago, MikeC1610 said:

I go on a cruise to get away from that sh**.  Each to their own but I cannot for the life of me understand why anyone would pay $206.50 for internet access on a cruise.  There are way too many other things to be doing with your time on the ship or in port than sitting infront of a computer, iPad or phone.

That 206 basically give myself, and my family the peace of mind knowing they can call or get in contact at a moments notice w/ out having to pay the exorbitant calling fee's.

Plus streaming some Netflix really helps if / when you get bored / at 2am when you can't sleep.

Also it's highway robbery for 7 days...  

30 BUCKS A DAY...

Edited by egcruise
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, egcruise said:

That 206 basically give myself, and my family the peace of mind knowing they can call or get in contact at a moments notice w/ out having to pay the exorbitant calling fee's.

That's the way I feel.  I can't stand being gone for 2 weeks and being completely out of touch.  

10 hours ago, egcruise said:

Plus streaming some Netflix really helps if / when you get bored / at 2am when you can't sleep.

Also it's highway robbery for 7 days...  

30 BUCKS A DAY...

Fair enough.  

10 hours ago, cliffd64 said:

They do offer free WiFi as part of the free at sea promos ...  perhaps if you qualify for one of those you can select it if it is important to shop online while on a cruise. 

Only like 250 minutes if you select it vs the Drink / Premium dining packages, right? I've genuinely never heard of that.

9 hours ago, heelfan94 said:

That's the way I feel.  I can't stand being gone for 2 weeks and being completely out of touch.  

It's too much of a withdrawal period. The constant phantom vibrations in your pockets. 

38 minutes ago, MikeC1610 said:

Fair enough.  

😁

Edited by egcruise
Words, needed to be better.

18 hours ago, egcruise said:

Only like 250 minutes if you select it vs the Drink / Premium dining packages, right? I've genuinely never heard of that.

FYI:  My reply was to the OP who indicated they wanted to do Black Friday shopping...  not you in particular...

I believe currently everyone in cabins (except sailaway classes) is offered unlimited wifi...making the wifi 250 minute package irrelevant... see picture....  this was a sample booking for a typical cruise in November/December...  on Getaway anyway...  other ships may vary.

wifi.jpg

Edited by cliffd64

2 hours ago, cliffd64 said:

FYI:  My reply was to the OP who indicated they wanted to do Black Friday shopping...  not you in particular...

I didn't mean to offend / take over this thread. ( Sorry @coopster ) I was genuinely curious as this is always an issue / pain point for me.