How to purchase the beverage package

skiladyldp

On the new website format, I can't find how much the beverage package is or how to order it online.  Do you have to call to order this?  I want to get it ahead of the cruise because our port is Barcelona and I will have to pay 20% vat.

48 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

your TA can book it for you or you can call O

do not think online booking is available ...yet

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/value/beverage-wine-packages/

if you are taking the beverage package as part of the O life perk  then I believe you have to wait till onboard to upgrade it

Good morning LHT28

We have the beverage package on the Riviera. First timer here with O.

Question when we board where do I go to upgrade my package.

thanks for any info! Would like to take care of it prior going to stateroom first.

Denise😊

47 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

Good morning LHT28

We have the beverage package on the Riviera. First timer here with O.

Question when we board where do I go to upgrade my package.

thanks for any info! Would like to take care of it prior going to stateroom first.

Denise😊

You can go to reception  they will issue new cards

• 5 months later...

@spiritoftravel

We didn't have to pay the additional tax on the OLife drink package with premium upgrade while in Brazil. The reason given was that we bought the drink package when we were in Miami, so the transaction was already completed.

The situation may be different if the cruise originates in Brazil.

Yes. You can upgrade to the premium package onboard. The price is $20 per day.

28 minutes ago, spiritoftravel said:

If you have the O life 'free' beverage package do you still pay the 18% gratuity and I believe an extra 25% in Brazil!

Also can we upgrade from this to the premium package onboard and how much is this thanks going on Marina next year.

The O life package  you do not pay the 18% extra  it is included

to upgrade  just go to reception or they may have a table set up for those that want to upgrade to the Prestige package  for $20 PP PD

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

to upgrade  just go to reception or they may have a table set up for those that want to upgrade to the Prestige package  for $20 PP PD

True, but if the cruise originates in Brazil, I personally  would not wait until I was onboard to upgrade, as the cost would probably be subject to the VAT at that point.  😱 

Just now, StanandJim said:

True, but if the cruise originates in Brazil, I personally  would not wait until I was onboard to upgrade, as the cost would probably be subject to the VAT at that point.  😱 

maybe  they can upgrade prior  then

I did not think that was possible  before  boarding :classic_unsure:

13 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

I believe cruisers wait until they are out of that country’ waters to upgrade or pay the VAT. Same as with Spain and cruises originating in Barcelona.

Have to be careful with that, as our last cruise from Barcelona (last June) carried the Vat until we landed at a non-EU port.  

7 minutes ago, chuckcarole said:

We board in June, in London and I want to get the beverage pkg. does anyone know if I'll pay a VAT in addition to the regular 59.95 ?

You pay the Vat on the $59.95, not on the individual cocktails.

Just now, chuckcarole said:

We board in June, in London and I want to get the beverage pkg. does anyone know if I'll pay a VAT in addition to the regular 59.95 ?

I think you you want to buy a beverage package  ahead of time  then you do not pay the VAT

If you wait until boarding day... maybe ..depending on the port

I would buy it  before you board the ship

JMO

2 hours ago, spiritoftravel said:

If you have the O life 'free' beverage package do you still pay the 18% gratuity and I believe an extra 25% in Brazil!

Also can we upgrade from this to the premium package onboard and how much is this thanks going on Marina next year.

Hi thanks so much, I am not a big drinker but do like a glass of bubbly with a meal!! My husband and other family travelling do like a drink, so a drinks package sounds like the right thing, cruise starts in Miami thanks again, xx

2 hours ago, LHT28 said:

Thanks very much for info, appreciate your time and comments. xx

23 minutes ago, chuckcarole said:

I don't have any bev. pkg. as of right now, if I have O add it before boarding in June is it cheaper? 

What Oceania charges does not change, however, if you buy the Package on the ship,  the taxes of the city where the ship is berthed are supposed to apply.  If your concern  is to avoid the Vat, I'd but the Package early.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chuckcarole said:

I don't have any bev. pkg. as of right now, if I have O add it before boarding in June is it cheaper? 

NO

But if you have OBC  you can use it now  to purchase the package  prior to the sailing date