Escape Haven Aft Penthouse-Sofa Bed + Air Mattress Experiences

rwf1

We are a family of four traveling in an H6 on the Escape in June.  Our teen sons (16 and 19) have a difficult time sleeping in the same bed.  I know the sofa bed pulls out to be quite large, but they will still struggle sleeping together.  Our plan is to use the sofa bed as a single and put an air mattress on the floor.  From previous posts, it seems like this will be feasible.  However, I haven't read of anyone's experience actually doing it recently.

So, if you have done anything like this, please let me know how successful it was.

And if you used an air mattress, did you use a foot pump or was an electric pump allowed on board?  We called Norwegian to confirm if the air mattress would be allowed, and it is, however, I don't completely trust their customer service.

Also, the 2 bedroom isn't an option.  It costs a lot more money and we really want the large balcony.  My oldest son is willing to sleep on the floor for that balcony.

Thanks for the link!  I actually saw those posts and I guess that is why I posed the question.

I would just like more details.  Did the kids mind the air mattress?  If they had it to do over, would they have preferred a different suite?  Was it a hassle to fly with the air mattress?  Was it a pain to have to store it each day?  There seem to be more posts from people claiming it is a bad idea than people who have done it.

I should have better explained what I was looking for.

Comfort is dependent on the individual. Personally, if one of my free-loading kids complained about sleeping on an air mattress while in a suite on a cruise....I'd make them swim home. :classic_cool:

We drive to port but I don't think that flying with our air mattress would be a hassle. Ours has an electric pump but even if it didn't, the inflated mattress can be stored under the master king bed. The room steward would take care of it so I wouldn't worry.

I think that the idea of paying for a suite and not having a bed is what bothers people. I'd simply explain the situation to the teens and since there are so many more positives than negatives, I'm sure that they will enjoy the cruise.

I agree.  Neither of the kids is complaining, though.  As I said, my one son is happy to sleep on the floor.

I guess I am just looking for any issues that I might not have thought of.  Trying to prevent any surprises.

We are only getting a vacation every other year at this point, and this is going to be a cruise to celebrate a 20th anniversary, my oldest son's high school graduation, and the end of a first phase of cancer treatment.  So just doing my best to make this trip as easy as possible.

33 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

Comfort is dependent on the individual. Personally, if one of my free-loading kids complained about sleeping on an air mattress while in a suite on a cruise....I'd make them swim home. :classic_cool:

We drive to port but I don't think that flying with our air mattress would be a hassle. Ours has an electric pump but even if it didn't, the inflated mattress can be stored under the master king bed. The room steward would take care of it so I wouldn't worry.

I think that the idea of paying for a suite and not having a bed is what bothers people. I'd simply explain the situation to the teens and since there are so many more positives than negatives, I'm sure that they will enjoy the cruise.

By the way, what brand of air mattress do you have?  Looking to get the most comfortable/portable.