Labadee Aqua Park

Grommet

Our kids are interested in the Aqua Park at Labadee - anyone care to comment about it?  Is it fun?  Worth the money?  Pros/Cons?  How long do they get to play out there before they get kicked out - is it first come, first served?  

We're wondering if parents are required to go on it with the kids or if they can go on their own (Ages 12+)

Does it get overcrowded - is there a better time to go?

And last but not least, can we purchase tickets when we get there or will we be at risk of it selling out?  Should we hold out for any possible deals for booking last minute??

Appreciate some feedback!  Thanks!

It's usually for an hour at a time and that's usually plenty of time. I think there's also an all-day pass offered, but you'd basically have to be a regular on American Ninja Warrior to be able to spend all day doing it. Very physically demanding, lots of upper body strength required to pull oneself up out of the water.  

Show the kids pictures of the inflatables and make sure it's something that will interest them before spending your money.

The Royal-supplied flotation devices are required to be worn at all times, and for people with short arms, that can be problematic (the thickness of the PFD shortens the usable length of arm available).

I'm not sure if you have to go in the park with them.  I think that will be listed in the Cruise Planner when you purchase.

You can also buy same-day with no problem.  

Hope that helps a little. 

DH and I had this aqua park admission as a travel agent perk. O.M.G. it was very tough to use! All of the floatables required a great deal of upper body strength in order to sue. Just climbing up on the mat in front of the trampoline took us forever as it was elevated about three feet above the water. The life jackets we had to wear were very cumbersome and awkward to wear, but totally necessary since the water was about 20 feet deep! My PFD kept riding up around my face no matter how tight the straps were. We sort of had fun since it was free, but would not have paid for this activity. Your 'tweens' and teens will probably like it IF they are physically fit and able to climb the floatables.

32 minutes ago, cb at sea said:

Definitely wait until you're there, and get a good look at it before you pay....

Why wait?   There are plenty of Youtube videos and pictures.  Show them to the kids and see if they're interested.  I went with my son, but that was so I could get video of him. 

You definitely need upper body strength, but I thought it was fun.  If I was a teen (and somewhat in shape), it would have been even better.  

In addition to everything else people have mentioned, our group also all got cuts and scrapes as barnacles seem to grab on to the undersides and sometimes you may kick or get an arm underneath and they can be very sharp. We all had fun doing it once but probably wouldn't do it again.

Also, I would make sure your 12+ year olds felt very comfortable because even if they're good swimmers, they need to have strength or help to get on some obstacles and can get run over/fallen on by bigger people.

In March, 2018, my then 9 year old (51 inch tall for reference) girl did the Aqua park in Labadee by herself while I watched from just outside the roped off area..  Everyone was required to wear a life jacket, even the adults.  She had some degree of difficulty pulling herself up onto some of the floats, but she was able to get up.  I just asked her what she thought of the water park and she gave it a solid 9 out of 10.

Like most RCI cruisers, We've been to Labadee several times.  We did not do the AP the 1st few times but always thought to ourselves that it looks like fun, maybe we should try it.

One day my wife & kids tried it & were happy that they did, but they said that once was enough.  It's not something that they would need to do again.

So if it fits in the budget, give it a try if the kids are interested.