Transport from Orlando to tampa

wombie

We will be cruising from Tampa in January but intend to spend time in Orlando beforehand. What transport options are available to transport 3 adults and luggage from Orlando to Tampa on the day of sailing? 

Renting a car for the day will likely be easiest and cheapest. But you could check the bus (Greyhound) or train (Amtrak). Either of those would require a taxi/uber at either end.

Edited by mom says

I would not recommend Amtrak unless you are arriving the day before.  The Silver Star does not get into Tampa until 3pm...if it is on time.  The Silver Meteor does not go to Tampa, but they operate a Thruway Bus connection, which makes several stops and gets into Tampa at 1:30p - again, if it is on time.  The time we took the 'train' there were not taxis to be found at the station, we tried to call for one but it seemed really iffy.  We finally called out hotel and they sent a shuttle that cost us $5pp, very reasonable.  We used the same shuttle the next day to the port.  

Thank you all for your suggestions. I am travelling with my two adult daughters. We are reluctant to hire a car as we are Australian and don’t want to chance driving on the other side of the road. Will need to investigate other options.