Do you know which St Thomas beach this is?

moondoggie

I have been to this beach in St Thomas, but can’t remember it’s name.  Small, only simple restroom facilities, mostly locals, on th bus line, it has high boulder-like edges that you can jump off of into the water.  Don’t even think there were waves, as it is very protected from the open ocean.  Hope it wasn’t ruined by the hurricane!  

If you know what beach this is, please let me know—thanks all!

The beach is small, and lots of trees between the road and the beach.  The entry into the water is not very wide, and the 'boulders' may just be an embankment on the sides of this little beach.  The restroom facilities are a small cinderblock building, may have an open air shower attached.  no beach chair rentals, no lifeguard, and no concessions, although an ice cream truck did park there for a few hours.

Does that help?  I am pretty sure it was on the Eastside.

Thanks!

The only beaches on a public transportation route are Coki, Sapphire (requires walk from main road) and Lindqvist. None of them match your description.

I think you have St Thomas confused with another island.

I walked to the local fabric store, and met a lady there who drove me to this cool little beach and I caught the local bus back to my ship.

OK, if I have lost my mind (and that is certainly possible!),   I'll pass on Coki, and don't want a big beach--which do you recommend--Sapphire or Lindqvist?

Thanks!

i walked about twenty minutes from the ship to the fabric store.  it was in a small strip center, can't recall what else was there, except next to it was a coffee or convenience store which sold cold soda.  one of the customers and i started talking, and she drove me about 5-10 minutes to this tiny beach.  it was right off the street, and the bus picked me up there to go back to the ship.

does this help?

There isn't a fabric store with a coffee shop or convenience store in a strip mall. There used to be a fabric store near Coki that resembles that description but you can't walk there from the cruise ship.

Are you sure it wasn't Antigua?

Cinder block bathroom with open air shower sounds more like John Brewer's Beach at UVI. There are a couple of  food trucks with beer etc. that park on the road in front of the beach. There are trees, but it is a fairly long beach and is west of town.There are some rocks on one end... Did you notice buildings as you were driving up? Brewer's is quiet and local, doesn't have the things tourists are usually looking for (chairs/umbrellas/restaurant). The fabric store also baffles me. It doesn't sound like the one on Goat Street. Or does it Ms411?

No, the fabric store on Goat Street is in its own building and there isn't a coffee shop or convenience store in the area.

It sounds more like Antigua. There are fabric stores within walking distance of the dock and with 365 beaches there was probably one not too far from the dock. Antigua also has public busses.

Would recommend Sapphire for a gorgeous beach and beautiful water with amenities. Home to 3 condo properties but still pretty laid back as compared to Coki and other beaches. Lindqvist is arguably the nicest beach on STT and is even more beautiful with just restrooms, but with cruise ships offering excursions there under the “Secret Beach” title not sure how crowded it gets today.

Taxi fare to the East End beaches is $10 - $11pp each way...

Edited by blue_water

OK, while I did not go to Antigua on last year's cruise, I must have been hallucinating about the beach I remember!

So we will go to Sapphire Beach--but I love to take the local bus.  what number bus and where should I pick it up?

Thanks to all for your advice--I love Cruise Critic Cruisers!

moondoggie