Dining and Free at Sea/Escape

may1021

I just booked Escape for next Sunday...really last minute.  Did it all online.  Booked a Guarantee Balcony.   It indicates Free at Sea on their website with all sorts of perks.   Would I be eligible for this booking a guarantee room?  In the back of my mind I recall another NCL cruise and was told only certain rooms were eligible for offers.  Will check Free at Sea again.   Confirmation email doesn't indicate anything like unlimited drinks/dining etc.    Might this show up on my card when I check in next week?  Or worth a call to NCL to check on this.

I tried to book  dinner reservations at Cagney's and La Cucina.   Nothing available for 2 people.  Might I be able to connect onboard?

Was able to book entertainment, no problem.

If you were entitled to Free at Sea promotion, you would have been promoted to select an offer during booking. It is not done post-booking.

You can call reservations and ask. 

On embarkation day, use a touch screen kiosk in elevator lobbies and the atrium to book restaurants. They hold tables for onboard bookings, but prime time will sell out on embarkation day. 

Bird nailed it.  

if you selected the Sail Away balcony you don't get the free at sea perks. 

that said, it's not too expensive to book a couple/few specialty restaurants and on the Escape I highly, highly recommend doing so.   (wife loved lasagna at La Cucina - was her favorite ever.  I really enjoyed Teppanyaki, Cagney's, and the Brazil steakhouse)

I think there is a difference between a sail away and GTY. I've seen where you can still apply Free At Sea, but the only thing they have available for a Balcony is a GTY. Meaning, they have Balconies, but you won't know until after you book. I could be wrong though.