Enough time to change planes?

Marvie227

Our flights are booked through Princess EZAir. Delta has changed our flight into Seattle and we only have 55 minutes to change planes. Is this doable? Or are we cutting it too close? The next flight has a 4 hour layover!

Edited by Marvie227

Assuming both flights are on DL then the LMCT for domestic-domestic and domestic-international are 30mins. I-D is 1hr.

Since you've not said anything about the airlines, flights etc.that's the best I can provide.

If the layover is at SEA (just to be 100% explicit and sure), it is tight but should be doable.   I think all DL flights use the South satellite which is compact.  It won't take you more than 3 minutes to walk from one gate to the next at a somewhat leisurely pace.  Just try not to be seated in the back of a 757-300 or some such.

SEA is not an airport known for weather (at least in the summer) and air traffic congestion issues so that should not be a factor (and taxi times are not too long).

DL has had a major expansion at SEA.  They now operate from the South Satellite, as well as the A and B concourses.  Not as compact in the past.

The good news is that it is still a relatively accessible layout for connections.  Look at terminal maps to get the layout and know where you are coming from and to.

1 hour ago, FlyerTalker said:

DL has had a major expansion at SEA.  They now operate from the South Satellite, as well as the A and B concourses.  Not as compact in the past.

I had forgotten that DL had essentially replaced a lot of AS/QX's network with their own operation.  Through my jetlag-fogged brain,  I have no memory of where the CRJ flights left from though I do remember the mainline flights arriving at South satellite (old NW gates).

IIRC, it can be a long walk to the ends of the A concourse.  Thanks for the reminder: I won't book the 38 min connection to the (very late) last flight home of the day!

8 hours ago, Marvie227 said:

Our flights are booked through Princess EZAir. Delta has changed our flight into Seattle and we only have 55 minutes to change planes. Is this doable? Or are we cutting it too close? The next flight has a 4 hour layover!

Are you planning to board a cruise ship the same day you arrive?  If so, I'd request a change.  You can make the connection in an hour, but it doesn't give you much wiggle room in the event that your inbound flight is delayed for whatever reason. 

22 hours ago, Marvie227 said:

We are doing a land tour first. It doesn't start until the following day.

In that case, you have a bit of a cushion.  One hour still doesn't leave much wiggle room if your inbound flight has a delay of some sort, but at least you have time built in before your cruise in case you don't arrive until later that day, or a day or two later.