Any word from someone on the Sunshine?

crazycruzer68

My parents are on it. Mom messaged me at 10pm last night and sent pics of the mess!  She said they aren’t saying anything about why the ship listed so badly.  She said they didnt sleep at all last night but there hasn’t been another listing issue. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, shellyclark said:

My parents are on it. Mom messaged me at 10pm last night and sent pics of the mess!  She said they aren’t saying anything about why the ship listed so badly.  She said they didnt sleep at all last night but there hasn’t been another listing issue. 

Can’t imagine how scary it was for them. Is that the only issue they have had? I read somewhere about 2 decks flooding. Hope they stay safe!

`

1 minute ago, grillinchillin said:

December 1st too! 

Looking forward to our annual cruise. We're going to Club Orient in Saint Martin - last year St. Martin was bypassed because of hurricane damage. We stay on-board in St. Kitt and San Juan.  Been to both too many times.

On 10/29/2018 at 10:30 AM, shellyclark said:

Have you heard from your parents since Sunday, curious if everything is still good for them? 

17 minutes ago, Poppy42 said:

`

Looking forward to our annual cruise. We're going to Club Orient in Saint Martin - last year St. Martin was bypassed because of hurricane damage. We stay on-board in St. Kitt and San Juan.  Been to both too many times.

Their website says they are refunding as reopening has been postponed?

3 hours ago, Poppy42 said:

`

Club Orient has permanently closed its doors. I received an email from them 2 weeks ago and they stated that they had just gotten a check from the insurance company for hurricane damage, but it would be next summer before rebuilding could begin. From now until next summer, employees would not have a job or get paid, so they decided to shut it down for good. Sorry!

We loved that place too! OB is our favorite spot on planet earth!  We're hoping that the beach itself will be totally ready by our April cruise.

4 hours ago, Poppy42 said:

`

Orient Beach was still a disaster when we were there in March...

2 hours ago, jordanaire said:

Club Orient has permanently closed its doors. I received an email from them 2 weeks ago and they stated that they had just gotten a check from the insurance company for hurricane damage, but it would be next summer before rebuilding could begin. From now until next summer, employees would not have a job or get paid, so they decided to shut it down for good. Sorry!

We loved that place too! OB is our favorite spot on planet earth!  We're hoping that the beach itself will be totally ready by our April cruise.

I got that email too.  You can still rent chaises and umbrellas and there's a snack bar.

As serious as that could of been I know I would of been that guy who would of said out loud that larger people need not be gathering all on one side of the ship. When I was in the Navy we use to have a running joke about the larger men in my division gathering in the same place at the same time and if any let the CO know so the ship did not start listing.

• Haha 1