Jaxport. Hotel near grocery's

MandaR

First time cruiser. My family leaves Jacksonville in August.  We fly in the day before our ship leaves and seems like there are quite a few hotels that can at least shuttle us to/from the airport. I will have to figure out how to get to port later.

I am wondering are there any hotels within easy walking distance of a grocery store.  Since we have the extra time I'd like to grab a few 12packs of soda and save the funds.  

Thanks

Only one, and it is still good walk away to reach the shopping areas.    The Aloft at the airport.

The other hotels near the airport would require a taxi or car rental to get to a shopping/dining district nearby.

By the port... only one.   HIExpress....and the nearest shopping is 12-15 mins away via taxi or car.

Thanks.  Any chance there is a grocery delivery? Lol sorry I'm a Disney regular and have used grocery delivery there. Most likely though it will still be cheaper to cab to and from a grocery store...or a variety store maybe.  5 of us having 36 cans over five days is plenty and still less than buying the cruise package I'd assume.

If you choose a hotel by the airport, there is a huge shopping center on the other side of I-95 with a Super WalMart.  You could order online and get a cab or Uber to go pick up.  As far as getting to the port, your hotel might have a shuttle (pay) that picks up at different hotels.  Ask on the Florida Departures board here, under North American Homeports.  EM

1 hour ago, Florida Paesano said:

Grocery store delivery is a clever solution.  Check with Publix grocery store (publix.com) to see if their delivery option would work for you.  I just checked for the JaxPort zip code (32206) and it looks like delivery in that area is available.  

I would also recommend looking into this delivery option.   Publix & ABC Liquor offer local delivery here.  But, to the hotels?  Check to be sure.

I would take a list of convenient hotels and then check and then check on-line or call the local number and see if it offers a free shuttle within a certain number of miles.  I've never stayed in Jacksonville but have stayed at hotels throughout the country that do so especially if they are located some distance from restaurants and shops.