Complimentary Balcony Breakfast

gamajr

I am wondering if anyone can explain this. Part of the deal when we booked was a little onboard credit and a balcony breakfast. When I go into the cruise personalizer it shows as being book to be delivered on the day we set sail. Obviously we won't be on board for breakfast that day, but it also won't let me edit or change the date. Has anyone else had this issue before? Is it just something I ask about as soon as we are on board?

Thanks

Hi there

You will likely get a voucher for the breakfast with other documents in your cabin on embarkation day. You can then call room service the day before you would like the breakfast delivered. Alternately your cabin steward can assist with the booking.

We have had the same bonus in the past and now never go a cruise without enjoying a balcony breakfast.

Have fun.

• Thanks 1

Sort of fits in with:

Priority disembarkation on all sea days

50% off all Duty Free Items on port days

Reserved 10:00 am pool lounge chair

Reserved table for all Buffet meals

Yours plus additional two seats held for all shows

:classic_rolleyes:

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, ONT-CA said:

Sort of fits in with:

Priority disembarkation on all sea days

50% off all Duty Free Items on port days

Reserved 10:00 am pool lounge chair

Reserved table for all Buffet meals

Yours plus additional two seats held for all shows

:classic_rolleyes:

LOL.

Price of Premium Beverage Package (PBP) $69.95 per day.

- Price of 10-day cruise without PBP $1000.00 per person 

- Price of 10-day cruise with 'free' PBP $1800 per person.

"Without the PBP we would normally have a bar bill of $20 per person, per day... but, we saved $699.50 EACH over 10 days... so, we couldn't afford not to book with the free PBP".

The mind boggles. 

Thanks again to 2 mains for the helpful reply and for Kaylacool as back up for how enjoyable you found the breakfast.

As for the two cynical replies, why bother yourselves? 

I’m more than happy with my cruise ‘deal’. If I can be in a mini suite for 7 days for $350 then yay for me. If it happens to come with a breakfast as well, I’m not going to turn it down. I’m perfectly capable of doing my own math on cruise ‘discounts’. I did however ask a question regarding the delivery of the breakfast which neither of you answered. Not just unhelpful but really quite rude. 

My mind also boggles.

Edited by gamajr
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, gamajr said:

Thanks again to 2 mains for the helpful reply and for Kaylacool as back up for how enjoyable you found the breakfast.

As for the two cynical replies, why bother yourselves? 

I’m more than happy with my cruise ‘deal’. If I can be in a mini suite for 7 days for $350 then yay for me. If it happens to come with a breakfast as well, I’m not going to turn it down. I’m perfectly capable of doing my own math on cruise ‘discounts’. I did however ask a question regarding the delivery of the breakfast which neither of you answered. Not just unhelpful but really quite rude. 

My mind also boggles.

Unfortunately the humour escapes you.  We were just making light of the contractions of service, each and every one as impossible as the one you were originally presented with   The posting was directed solely at those who prepaid it for you.  

1 hour ago, ONT-CA said:

Unfortunately the humour escapes you.  We were just making light of the contractions of service, each and every one as impossible as the one you were originally presented with   The posting was directed solely at those who prepaid it for you.  

That’s certainly an an interesting twist in humour. 

Perhaps if you’d referenced some form of answer to my actual question first before making your ‘joke’, then I may have found it humorous. 

I’m well aware of some of the bait that cruise lines throw at customers. All I was after was an answer to a simple question, as I knew that someone helpful on here would have faced the same situation. I received that very quickly from 2 mains.

If you had nothing helpful to add, then all you needed to do was read and move on. Instead you chose to have a little dig at the situation and then another similar poster followed that up with a rude and unhelpful post of their own. Adding a rolling eyes emoticon doesn’t make you ‘funny’.

Too many times on CC posters want to make everything about them and their superior knowledge of cruising. Having travelled the globe many times and cruised since I was a small child, I too see what I think are ‘silly’ questions. I either offer some help or tips and if the question has already been answered, and I have nothing helpful to say, I close the thread. 

Call me humourless all you like, I have no shame in not laughing at rudeness. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I see that you are fairly new to CC by virtue of the number of postings.  CC is a wonderful site for us to ask questions and share information. It also functions as a venue for personal communication.  As such you will find from time to time comments made in jest.  The site is monitored and postings that do not meet the site's standard can be removed and a warning given to the author.   It is unfortunate that you found offence to my posting, the point of which I have explained.  However, offence can be found in almost any posting if coveted.

33 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

We have this on an upcoming cruise, but too much food, so we are going to see if we can change it for OBC.

But enjoy yourselves

Cheers Don

We have changed to OBC and have not regretted doing so. 

• Like 1

On 10/30/2018 at 12:37 AM, gamajr said:

I am wondering if anyone can explain this. Part of the deal when we booked was a little onboard credit and a balcony breakfast. When I go into the cruise personalizer it shows as being book to be delivered on the day we set sail. Obviously we won't be on board for breakfast that day, but it also won't let me edit or change the date. Has anyone else had this issue before? Is it just something I ask about as soon as we are on board?

Thanks

My guess is that the website hasn't been programed to cope with the perk, so it lists an impossible date so

that someone will contact you on board to ask "when?"

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Haboob said:

My guess is that the website hasn't been programed to cope with the perk, so it lists an impossible date so

that someone will contact you on board to ask "when?"

As 2 Mains said in post #2 you get a card that is in your cabin on boarding day. You then just call and book it for the day you want.

• Like 1

Thanks to all those who gave helpful suggestions and tips. 

On previous cruises I’ve always been quite happy with a cup of tea and a croissant on the balcony for my breakfast. I think I’m going to take the suggestion of switching the balcony breakfast for extra on board credit.

Thanks for the tip!

3 hours ago, gamajr said:

Thanks to all those who gave helpful suggestions and tips. 

On previous cruises I’ve always been quite happy with a cup of tea and a croissant on the balcony for my breakfast. I think I’m going to take the suggestion of switching the balcony breakfast for extra on board credit.

Thanks for the tip!

We didn’t use ours last month on the CB and we dislike it anyway so we asked and they credited the $45 back to our onboard account. We appreciated that Princess did that.  😎😎😎

On 11/5/2018 at 9:04 AM, Colo Cruiser said:

We didn’t use ours last month on the CB and we dislike it anyway so we asked and they credited the $45 back to our onboard account. We appreciated that Princess did that.  😎😎😎

Glad to hear this might be an option. I'm torn, sounds like something special to try once, but not sure we could eat all that food. Whereas, if we take the OBC we could enjoy dinner in the Crown Grill...just pay the difference. We love the CG!

On 11/5/2018 at 12:04 PM, Colo Cruiser said:

I doubt if we’ll use our free balcony breakfast either as we both prefer a light breakfast.  When, and who did you contact about obc in place of it?

3 hours ago, pcsunlover said:

Ok, thanks.  I’ll do that. I didn’t know room service would be able to give us the obc. I assumed it would have to be passenger services or captain’s circle host.

They (RS) have the ability to charge and credit items. It was very easy. Now you know how that could be interpreted  differently on other ships. They all seem to operate by putting their own spin on things.  😳

• Like 1