Outlets on Oasis

carolitis

Can someone confirm number and type outlets in Oasis deck 6 Oceanview Cabins (ours is 6636 Accessible). There is conflicting info that configuration has been changed since  built. Policy not allowing extra extension cords and adaptors causing stress. Scooter, fridge and other medical equipment requires some problem solving. I have seen pic of a round 3 outlet set up (1/220) on desk now but that is not what was in cabin when built. On Allure in May, there also was an outlet under desk, but it  powered the outlets above. Not sure if cabins and decks vary.  Is there an outlet under the desk on Oasis still? If so, is it used to power the outlet above and how many outlets are there? Thanks!

There are three  US 120V outlets and one Euro 220V outlet on the desk.  There is also one US 120V outlet next to one side of the bed.  I don't recall of there is an extra outlet under the desk, however your stateroom attendant will being you an extension cord if needed.

Last cruise we stayed in an ocean view balcony (11668) and there were no outlets on the desk!!  The only one (other than the one behind the mattress) were under the desk.  Every time I needed to plug in hair dryer, etc I had to almost get on my knees to see the plug,  

Never had this configuration in our Boardwalk balconies.  

1 hour ago, orville99 said:

What is weird about Oasis is that there are fewer outlets in a JS than there are in a balcony - both the outlet by the bed and the one under the desk were missing in the JS.

Had 2 JS/s on Oasis 10636 & 10632 both had outlets under the bed right next to the phone outlet.

23 minutes ago, FLACRUISER99 said:

Had 2 JS/s on Oasis 10636 & 10632 both had outlets under the bed right next to the phone outlet.

We were in 8244 two weeks ago, and looked everywhere around the bed, including under the night stands, and there were no outlets, so maybe it is hit or miss in the JS configurations.

1 hour ago, GTO-Girl said:

Last cruise we stayed in an ocean view balcony (11668) and there were no outlets on the desk!!  The only one (other than the one behind the mattress) were under the desk.  Every time I needed to plug in hair dryer, etc I had to almost get on my knees to see the plug,  

Never had this configuration in our Boardwalk balconies.  

Typically, the plug pod on the desk is run from the outlet under the desk, so it may have been removed for some reason in that cabin.

29 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Typically, the plug pod on the desk is run from the outlet under the desk, so it may have been removed for some reason in that cabin.

Never thought about that.  We were just very surprised not to have anything but the under the counter outlets.  

37 minutes ago, orville99 said:

We were in 8244 two weeks ago, and looked everywhere around the bed, including under the night stands, and there were no outlets, so maybe it is hit or miss in the JS configurations.

Did you ask your room attendant? I had a hard time finding it until I asked.

Thanks. Your help  assists in my planning. It would be better if cabins were consistent since they ban bringing extension cords etc... Yes, they will supply one but it does not make up for being able to bring what I need for my equipment.