Platinum Dinner tickets

salzdt

15 hours ago, salzdt said:

Can you use Platinum Dinner Tickets for lunch if Specialty Restaurant is open?

The specific restaurants offered by the Platinum certificates are not open for lunch (Cagney's, Moderno, Le Bistro, La Cucina, Q, Los Lobos). 

14 hours ago, rtkenmore said:

Specialties are not open for lunch. 

2 hours ago, don't-use-real-name said:

If a Specialty Restaurant is open - this is usually reserved for Suite guests only.

Incorrect. Specialty Restaurants are open for lunch, based on ship. Specialty Dining Package (SDP) credits can be used for specialty restaurants open for lunch (e.g., Sushi, Teppanyaki, Pincho Tapas, Raw Bar, Margaritaville)

7 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

The specific restaurants offered by the Platinum certificates are not open for lunch (Cagney's, Moderno, Le Bistro, La Cucina, Q, Los Lobos). 

Incorrect. Specialty Restaurants are open for lunch, based on ship. Specialty Dining Package (SDP) credits can be used for specialty restaurants open for lunch (e.g., Sushi, Teppanyaki, Pincho Tapas, Raw Bar, Margaritaville)

technically you are right on some of the mega ships, but they are not handled like specialty restaurants at night. They have a buffet type set up and are open to everyone with no charge. I think there are a few exceptions. 

2 hours ago, newmexicoNita said:

technically you are right on some of the mega ships, but they are not handled like specialty restaurants at night. They have a buffet type set up and are open to everyone with no charge. I think there are a few exceptions. 

Thank you, I will check with NCL when I get on board.  Going on 11 day cruise and already have 4 SDP meals.  So I thought we would try lunch 1 or 2 days.

1 hour ago, salzdt said:

Thank you, I will check with NCL when I get on board.  Going on 11 day cruise and already have 4 SDP meals.  So I thought we would try lunch 1 or 2 days.

we have a similar situation in Feb: 4 dinners plus our 2 platinum ones and we always eat in the Asian restaurant the first night. That doesn't leave a lot of nights to sample the MDRs. 

3 hours ago, newmexicoNita said:

Incorrect. If a a specialty restaurant like Sushi or Tapas or Raw Bar are open, they are EXACTLY the same for lunch as dinner. 

20 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Incorrect. If a a specialty restaurant like Sushi or Tapas or Raw Bar are open, they are EXACTLY the same for lunch as dinner. 

Hello, read what I said: that is why I said with some exceptions. I mentioned the mega ships particularly. Still for the most part, the specialty dining rooms that most are talking about are not open for lunch or only under certain circumstances like suite guests or VIPs 

• Like 1