Brightline?

DAllenTCY

Don’t know, but I wouldn’t recommend Brightline to go between these two cities. The stations are not conveniently located to either the ports or the airports. You’ll need to figure out a secondary means of transportation from the Brightline station to your final destination, You’re better off getting an Uber. Faster, Door to door service for not much more than Brightline. 

It shows sold out because their schedules may not be up yet.  I'm finding that they don't put them up that far in advance. 

While the Fort Lauderdale bright line station isn't close to the port there the station is Miami is a short drive away from the port. 

6 hours ago, Tapi said:

Don’t know, but I wouldn’t recommend Brightline to go between these two cities. The stations are not conveniently located to either the ports or the airports. You’ll need to figure out a secondary means of transportation from the Brightline station to your final destination, You’re better off getting an Uber. Faster, Door to door service for not much more than Brightline. 

Agreed. There is no point in taking the Brightline. Uber is much faster and easier for not much difference in price. 

I highly recommend Brightline.  We take it all the time and it is FAST.  We can get downtown Miami in under 30 minutes and can walk to the Fort Lauderdale station.

The Fort Lauderdale station is about three miles from the port, not too far but you have to go under/over a river and through about eight major intersections so it can take forever.

The train ride is 35 minutes from Fort Lauderdale to Miami.  Add in arrival and it's more like 45+ minutes as you would arrive 15+ minutes before departure.  It totally makes sense if you can walk to the station, I agree.  But if you have to drive to the station, then pick up another Uber at the Miami station to the port, etc.  I just don't see that being better than an Uber.  Start factoring in Uber to the Fort Lauderdale Station, waiting for the train, train ride, getting off, another Uber to the port, and what would have been a 45 minute Uber right is now a 1.5 - 2 hour process.  Not to mention transferring bags 3 times, too.

Anyways, if going to downtown Miami and you are located near the Fort Lauderdale station, I do agree Brightline makes a lot of sense.  But if traveling to the ports and what not, it's not practical.

24 minutes ago, BlueHerons said:

I highly recommend Brightline.  We take it all the time and it is FAST.  We can get downtown Miami in under 30 minutes and can walk to the Fort Lauderdale station.

The Fort Lauderdale station is about three miles from the port, not too far but you have to go under/over a river and through about eight major intersections so it can take forever.

I'm a huge fan of Brightline! I think it adds another great way to travel back and forth and not have to worry about what time you are going to be on the road. 

Beside, it's a really nice train.  You can sit back an relax, enjoy a drink and wifi and you are there before you know it. Last time I took it up to Fort Lauderdale, we got there in 27 minutes. Can't wait for the Orlando line to be done.

Hopefully Fort Lauderdale adds some kind of trolley system that would include the airport or port.  It's easy and a short distance to get from the Miami station to the port and the airport.  

OP, just give it a bit more time.  The schedules seem to stay about the same but for some reason they are slow to add the availability to purchase tickets way ahead of time.  I know they are working on their website and have acknowledged it's short comings. 

Edited by Host CJSKIDS

Just to clarify. I love the Brightline. But as Carolyn said, we need trolleys and better connecting infrastructure that just isn't there yet to make it sensible for more people. 

One issue with connecting to the airport is that it's trying to do something already done. Tri Rail services the airports. Brightline is faster and nicer, but any time savings would be eaten up quickly by the need to transport commuters much further to the stations. 

I'd love to see really solid connections for wynwood, Miami Beach, Fort Lauderdale Beach, etc. 

I'm looking forward to the Orlando station opening and I think that will end up being the game changer.  More rail and better public transportation is a great thing for this area. 

Edited by BNBR

Yes, especially since most tourists fly in and out of FLL which is near downtown as well as the majority of the tourist hotels and a very short distance to the Brightline Stations.

I spoke to the VP of Brightline the other day at a luncheon last week and he said they are blowing their initial projections out of the water but then again, South Florida as a whole is experiencing record occupancy.