Majestic Princess help with cabin choice

Buttersidedown

Hi I wonder if anyone can help me, I’m going on the Majestic Princess Cruise from Shanghai to Sydney on the 24th August 2019

Ive read some very ordinary reviews about this ship, I’m currently booked into a balcony cabin B310 on deck 11 but have the option to change to a Deluxe Obstructed cabin on deck 8 E410 which has no obstruction, my husband likes the idea of the bigger room but do we want to look out at who knows what? can anyone advise me on this cabin or cabins E412 or E408 on either side, if there is any obstruction and what it might be. Or does anyone have any photos?

i would really appreciate any info I can get, I’m relitevly new to cruising and came across your wonderful website with so many cruise members.

thanking you in advance.

Since that is such a new ship not many people have been on it, but I did take a look at the deck plans and notice two things: your current cabin (B310) is a balcony cabin for two people between two other double cabins and has cabins above and below it.  Those are important things for a better chance of a quiet cabin.  The Emerald deck cabins you are asking about are Deluxe Balconies (so they are the same cabin basically with the addition of a sofa) and they are marked as "partially obstructed view".  They are triple cabins technically so the sofa could sleep a third person (most likely a child, since they look small).  Of note is that they are above the promenade deck, so the partially obstructed view could be the end of a lifeboat, and the open space promenade deck area is right there below those cabins.  There could be noise issues from that and also people can try to smoke there, or it could even be a designated smoking area (which you would only care about if you aren't a smoker).  Generally cabins above a public deck tend to be a lot noisier.  You would get the sofa and some extra space which is nice, but keep the location in mind.  Also, lifeboats can make noise and sway around in wind, and are loud when lowered (for drills or if you have tendering port stops).  These are the things I notice.  Only you can decide of course 🙂

3 hours ago, Buttersidedown said:

Hi I wonder if anyone can help me, I’m going on the Majestic Princess Cruise from Shanghai to Sydney on the 24th August 2019

Ive read some very ordinary reviews about this ship, I’m currently booked into a balcony cabin B310 on deck 11 but have the option to change to a Deluxe Obstructed cabin on deck 8 E410 which has no obstruction, my husband likes the idea of the bigger room but do we want to look out at who knows what? can anyone advise me on this cabin or cabins E412 or E408 on either side, if there is any obstruction and what it might be. Or does anyone have any photos?

i would really appreciate any info I can get, I’m relitevly new to cruising and came across your wonderful website with so many cruise members.

thanking you in advance.

Go here to see a picture of the balcony view from the cabin you selected and see any obstructions.

https://sites.google.com/site/royalregalprincess/

• 5 months later...
On ‎11‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 10:37 AM, Colo Cruiser said:

Go here to see a picture of the balcony view from the cabin you selected and see any obstructions.

https://sites.google.com/site/royalregalprincess/

Well thanks heaps because I don't have to wonder about my view until I embark in 2021.   Renmar's photos don't contain my cabin on Majestic but I can see my cabin is over the first tender boat and it is not much of an obstruction from what I can see on youtube.

When I cruised Majestic on her last "Maiden" Voyage... definitely did not want an obstructed view balcony I looked at Royal/Regal comparable cabin photos. Did not want to sit on my bed and see any part of a life boat. After all it is a balcony...just sayin... Glad I selected lido 123 where I could see straight out and when on my balcony straight down to the water.... Just my preference after many years of cruising.

BTW......just went back and looked at the photos they are all taken by someone standing up remember you will sitting on your bed or on chairs in your room or on the balcony...

Edited by land lover