Umbrella's at the Retreat

castle701

I haven’t seen any in the renderings. The only definite shade that was shown were the mini cabanas that seemed to have a covering over the top.  Celebrity didn’t have an answer whether there was an additional charge for these when I asked a few weeks ago.

On 11/4/2018 at 5:36 PM, omarchs said:

I haven’t seen any in the renderings. The only definite shade that was shown were the mini cabanas that seemed to have a covering over the top.  Celebrity didn’t have an answer whether there was an additional charge for these when I asked a few weeks ago.

I hope they dont for the amount we are paying for our Suite! But I'll be prepared for it next month! lol! 

Have never seen a regular umbrella on any ship - wind would blow them away. Hopefully you snag one of those more substantial cabanas! (Or maybe at that price they will offer personal cabana boys - or girls - to mist you and apply sunscreen every 15 minutes :classic_biggrin:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Naughty&Nautical said:

I heard there is only room for 28 chaise lounges on the retreat deck. Has anyone confirmed this? 

Right around the pool, I think you're right. However, look at the entire deck 16 layout. The retreat deck for the Suites only area extends back to the dome over the Solarium pool on deck 14. Many more single and double lounges back there plus several additional seat groupings. Lots of choices.

FAST FACTS / F EATURES

• The Retreat Sundeck Total Square Footage: 12,701 sq. ft.

o Seating Capacity: 190

o Pool – 16.8 ft. L X 10.9 ft. W X 4 ft. D

o Bar – 19 ft. long, seats eight

I personally wouldn't count the loungers on a deck plan since these plans are not necessarily drawn accurately. For example, where the words "The Retreat Sundeck" are written in the plan below, there will likely be loungers facing the ocean. They always try to make deck plans look uncluttered - I imagine they will pack in more loungers than seen here.

I'm not saying that there won't be an issue with seating up there, especially initially, since everyone will want to try it. I do think it will be run differently than the pool deck, with close monitoring of people leaving towels on the loungers. My guess is that the pool butlers will be circulating those areas constantly and will know when a lounger has not been used for a while.  They also will get to know people and it is more difficult to be a chair hog when they who you are. :classic_smile:

image.thumb.png.144b17e1524211bfd43d48cf65ffaf52.png