Port Canaveral Questions

Yellowlily

Could I get some hotel recommendations for a hotel pre-cruise in Port Canaveral?  On my radar:  Courtyard Cocoa Beach, Hilton, Residence Inn.  Trying to narrow down.  

Also, renting a car at MCO and returning in Cape/Port Canaveral.  Would prefer to do Enterprise - do they have a shuttle to the cruise terminal once we return rental car?  Also saw that Hertz was an option especially if staying at Residence but shuttle runs from hotel.  Not sure, looking for convenience.  This would be for myself and family of 4.  Thanks for any recs!!

Also, how is the pier, was looking at dining at Rock the Guac??  Looks good!  Is it family friendly?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Rock the Guac is very good but we consider it more of a take-out place. They do have tables though. Like a Subway but for Tacos!  You pick the ingredients and they build it. Large portions!

It is not at the pier or port, but rather on A1A in Cocoa Beach (parking is tight there however unless you park and walk). 

All the car rental places have shuttles. Pick your favorite!

Your hotel choices are quite far apart. What are you looking for? Room type? Walk to beach or restaurants? You have a car so location does not matter if you want to drive around.

Edited by SteerageJoe

Thanks, that was helpful!!!

As far as hotel, really doesn't matter location - you're exactly right, we will have a car.  Those hotels were higher on my list with being ranked higher on TripAdvisor, etc., and looked like what we might like.

Since it is easier to find parking at restaurants than the beaches, and your list, I would choose the Hilton Cocoa Beach. If you get an oceanfront room you will wake up with the sun rising over the ocean!

The Hilton has two tiki bars and an inside bar/dining area but you have to drive to restaurants as you can see in the image below.  The Florida Fresh Grill shown is one of the top 3 restaurants in the area in my opinion. But you may want to drive north to the Port area for Happy Hour to watch the cruise ships sail away between 4 and 5pm

You can see a description and photos here:  Hilton Cocoa Beach for Cruisers

Hilton-Location.jpg

Have stayed at Residence Inn before and was very nice. Our choice for dinner is port area (Grill's and Fishlips) are mentioned often.

Both give great views of the Port. If RCI has a ship in port and you're sitting on the patio at Grills, the ship is so close.

Second SteerageJoe's recommendation on the hilton.  We stayed there over the summer before our oasis cruise are are staying there next week before our Epic cruise.  Bars and restaurants are great and the Tiki bar had live music, although not sure if that is a seasonal thing.

Oddly enough, it was one of the least expensive options, at least when we booked.  It was cheaper than the hampton up the street which make no sense other than maybe the hampton was being close to sold out.

Edited by 20165
missed the quote

1 hour ago, SteerageJoe said:

Since it is easier to find parking at restaurants than the beaches, and your list, I would choose the Hilton Cocoa Beach. If you get an oceanfront room you will wake up with the sun rising over the ocean!

The Hilton has two tiki bars and an inside bar/dining area but you have to drive to restaurants as you can see in the image below.  The Florida Fresh Grill shown is one of the top 3 restaurants in the area in my opinion. But you may want to drive north to the Port area for Happy Hour to watch the cruise ships sail away between 4 and 5pm

You can see a description and photos here:  Hilton Cocoa Beach for Cruisers

Hilton-Location.jpg

Hey, I can see my condo. 😎

Hilton has a nice beach, but no balconies.  Hopefully the Doubletree will open back up someday.

• Like 1