Cabin question

tcbnurse

Planning a cruise as a graduation gift for my daughter and I'm getting SO excited! I've decided on Harmony of the Seas in July or August 2020.  I like Southern Caribbean, but I think the itinerary will be Eastern Caribbean (which is okay). We really want to see Grease so that's why we've chosen this ship. Is it worth choosing this ship mainly for this show? Also trying to decide - oceanview balcony or boardwalk balcony? Which deck is the best for our cabin- also forward, mid, or aft?

If the show is what you want...go for it!  

I would prefer an OV balcony....just because I cruise to see the sea...not a bunch of other people!   Midship is what we like, too...it's usually close to the elevators/stairs, which makes getting around much easier.  Hallways are quite long!  Deck level....pick according to where you think you'll spend most of your daytime hours, so coming and going via stairs is an option...elevators can have long waits!

• 3 months later...

We sailed on the Allure 2 years ago and booked a balcony guarantee, knowing that we would end up in an inside facing balcony.  While the ship was huge and beautiful, I wouldn't pay for an inside balcony again.  We never spent more than 10 minutes on our balcony.  There is zero privacy as nearly every inside balcony across the way can see straight into your cabin, as we could see into theirs.  We felt like we needed to keep the curtains closed all the time while we were in our cabin.

I had a boardwalk balcony.  It can get noisy out there;  meaning it may be loud until around 11pm each night.  Because there is so much to do on boardwalk people and shows can get noisy.  But we loved our balcony and we loved all the action.  Remember that the balconies directly across can see into your cabin; so if you do book don't forget to close your curtains. If you want to see Grease; then sail that ship.  Have fun