WHEN CAN I GET ON BOARD THE SHIP?

Boiler Cruiser

6 hours ago, caribill said:

It says to consult your Patter for the dining venues that will be open. Of course this is the Patter that will be waiting for you in the cabin you are not allowed to have access to yet. You would thus need to get a Patter copy at the Passengers Service desk.

It’s not rocket science. You are playing everyone for a fool. 🙄

On 11/11/2018 at 7:46 AM, Daniel A said:

It has always been my experience that crew members are operating the only functioning elevators after an early boarding and they will only take pax from the Plaza decks non stop to the Lido Deck for the Buffets.  If asked, the crew would not stop on any of the cabin decks.  I don't know how people were able to get to their cabins early.  Even the stairways were closed off.  Maybe one or two smaller ships don't do this, but certainly the Regal did it every time and so did Caribbean Princess and Crown Princess.  I believe the OP is sailing on Royal and I am assuming that will be the same process as Regal.

In over 35 Princess cruises I have always been able to take the elevators to the deck where my stateroom is - person manning the elevator was more than happy to go to that deck

On 11/11/2018 at 10:46 AM, Daniel A said:

It has always been my experience that crew members are operating the only functioning elevators after an early boarding and they will only take pax from the Plaza decks non stop to the Lido Deck for the Buffets.  If asked, the crew would not stop on any of the cabin decks.  I don't know how people were able to get to their cabins early.  Even the stairways were closed off.  Maybe one or two smaller ships don't do this, but certainly the Regal did it every time and so did Caribbean Princess and Crown Princess.  I believe the OP is sailing on Royal and I am assuming that will be the same process as Regal.

On the Royal last Nov the aft & forward elevators were self service & you could make your way to any cabin as you pleased.

On the CB for the last two cruises any elevator could access any deck. One of the crew did say the cabins wouldn't be ready until 1 PM but we dropped our stuff in our cabin anyway, let them finish cleaning & went to lunch. 

There didn't seem to any announcement of not dropping off your luggage at your cabin although I did see many people carrying it around at the buffet.