Use of Dinning Package

grovesteve

My wife and I are Platnium Plus so with our perks and the UDP we get 5 dinner each on a 7 day cruise.  We paid for it so why not use them. 5 nights of upscale dinning is too much for us so we take friends we have made on the ship to dinner. On our last cruise I was told that the UDP dinners were not transferrable so we could not take our friends to dinner ( we actually had to pay for them and wound up leaving dinners unused). Does anyone know if this is actually the policy of NCL?

thanks

11 minutes ago, grovesteve said:

My wife and I are Platnium Plus so with our perks and the UDP we get 5 dinner each on a 7 day cruise.  We paid for it so why not use them. 5 nights of upscale dinning is too much for us so we take friends we have made on the ship to dinner. On our last cruise I was told that the UDP dinners were not transferrable so we could not take our friends to dinner ( we actually had to pay for them and wound up leaving dinners unused). Does anyone know if this is actually the policy of NCL?

thanks

That is indeed the policy.  You can't transfer or give away your dinners.  Otherwise, people would buy packages with 6 or 8 (if they didn't get the free ones) and then just share them between people.

Edited by rtkenmore

16 hours ago, grovesteve said:

thanks

From all I have seen and read, it is the policy. We do use ours even on a 7 night cruise. This cruise coming up is 10 days and we have 5 specialty dinners: I am jazzed about this.