Princess changed dining times

mcc

On printing out my tickets for forthcoming Crown Princess December 27th cruise, I found the Traditional dining times had changed to 4.45 p.m. , 5 p.m. or 7.15 p.m.  Princess had not informed me if this and on emailing them this was the reason given "Over the years guest dining preferences have changed with the majority of guests now requesting early traditional dining or arriving for anytime dining much earlier than 6pm.  There is also high demand for anytime dining between the hours of 7pm and 8pm.  In response to our guests’ changing dining preferences, we have updated the traditional dining times to better reflect guest dining preferences so more guests can confirm their preferred dining times in advance.  In addition, Anytime Dining remains a great option for guests who prefer to dine at 6 or 8pm. "

I have taken 52 cruise with Princess and have never noticed the early Traditional dining (formerly at 5.30 p.m. - introduced a couple of years ago - previously 6 p.m. - to have many diners taking up this option. 

Is this a ploy to begin the change over to completely Anytime Dining? 

Many threads on the subject.  On our last cruise on the Crown earlier this year early traditional was completely full and late traditional was only about half full. There was a line for anytime that started around 4:30.  Personally I don't understand people wanting to eat at 5 or 5:30 but I a lot do.  We do not eat till around 7:30 or 8.