Is there an impact on Fantastica Drink Vouchers after the new packages?

derumedice

Hi,

We are sailing in December with the Fantastica Drink Vouchers.

I've been reading about the price changes and what each package does or does not include.

Does this change affect what you get with the drink vouchers?

I had heard in the past you can use your vouchers to get gelato. Could we still get gelato with the vouchers?

Also, I was told drink vouchers were equivalent to classic package and now that that package is gone what is it equivalent to?

Any insights?

Thanks,
Deniz

The vouchers are basically good for the same drinks that were offered to the Classic package.  Both were based on dollar limits.  Unfortunately along with these drink package changes there seems to be new ship bar menus, at least on Seaside, that now makes 90% of the drink items cost more than the dollar limits of the Classic package and vouchers.  MSC has been quoted as stating that people will keep their old packages.  But if drink prices are increasing on the ships and they still hold to the old package dollar limits both Classic and vouchers may become as limited as the Drink On Us package, which is severely restricted.

It's  starting to look that even if you booked before last Friday but are sailing after March 25th you are going to lose your 12 fantastica drinks vouchers. Based on the latest published drinks package prices plus 15%, that's a US$138 value that we are being ripped off by, as these vouchers were included in the price of the fantastica package we'd agreed on.

1 hour ago, ssmea03 said:

... that's a US$138 value that we are being ripped off by, as these vouchers were included in the price of the fantastica package we'd agreed on.

I have two Fantastica bookings after March 25, 2019.  For a very long time it has stated pretty clearly in the experience descriptions, well in the fine print, that the 12 vouchers ends on that date.  I don't agree MSC is ripping anyone off.  I do hope they offer something my the Fantastica cabin was $150pp more than a Bella.  My booking is far out enough that I'll just wait and see.  I can see the frustration for those with closer bookings, hoping MSC will offer something.  Unfortunately they owe you/us nothing.

16 minutes ago, Até said:

I have two Fantastica bookings after March 25, 2019.  For a very long time it has stated pretty clearly in the experience descriptions, well in the fine print, that the 12 vouchers ends on that date.  I don't agree MSC is ripping anyone off.  I do hope they offer something my the Fantastica cabin was $150pp more than a Bella.  My booking is far out enough that I'll just wait and see.  I can see the frustration for those with closer bookings, hoping MSC will offer something.  Unfortunately they owe you/us nothing.

We booked January  2018, as you'll see in the picture there was no mention in the April 2018 brochure that the vouchers would not be available for sailings after March 2019.

20181117_163746.jpg

Nice!  I need one of those.  A classic MSC screw up.  There might be some question about holding a Jan booking to an April brochure description, but hopefully you can use that to get something.  Let us know whatever it is.  I'll bet there is fine print somewhere in that brochure linking to a contract where it says MSC can change promotions at any time.  Ideally MSC will just extend the offer or go to Drinks On Us for non Cairbbean sailings.

3 hours ago, Até said:

Nice!  I need one of those.  A classic MSC screw up.  There might be some question about holding a Jan booking to an April brochure description, but hopefully you can use that to get something.  Let us know whatever it is.  I'll bet there is fine print somewhere in that brochure linking to a contract where it says MSC can change promotions at any time.  Ideally MSC will just extend the offer or go to Drinks On Us for non Cairbbean sailings.

It's important to remember that the fantastica  experience  is not a promotion  but a vacation product  that you have contracted  to  buy at a given  price.

On 11/18/2018 at 4:41 PM, Até said:

Go for it, but be careful.  If you say the word lawyer you will be dead to them (except for new bookings).

Hey Ate, just spent a joyous hour on the phone with a MSC csa. By refusing to accept the line that the drinks promotions replaced the fantastica vouchers and insisting that I should have been informed about the changes back in January,  and after an extended period on hold after asking to talk to the supervisor, I was told that anyone who booked fantastica before August would still get the vouchers after March 25th. I asked because we are traveling with friends and wanted to know if they'd have to call customer services.

The csa kept trying to tell me that everyone else that had called was "ok" with losing their 12 vouchers, I made it clear I wasn't ok with it. I suggest you call them back, don't take no for an answer and ask to speak to the supervisor if the rep wont play ball.

• Like 1

My educated guess is you will go to GS and ask for your drink vouchers. They will look at you like you have 3 heads. You will explain what you were expecting. Their response will be "Oh those, we discontinued them back in March!" You will rant and rave and say"but I was told this!" Their response will be "How can we give you what we don't have anymore?" Don't ask me how I know!!!!

• Thanks 1