Juneau-combo Whale Watching & Mendenhall Glacier tour

DebbieN167

Help please. The more I look, the more confused I’m getting. I want to do the above combo tour in Juneau. 

After searching a few recommended ones, I found a company “Juneau Whale Watch”, for  5 hrs. For $114.75 PP total after 15% Disc.  It was rated #4 on the TripAdvisor site.

Has anyone else ever used this company? 

Edited by DebbieN167
Typo

Use the SEARCH tool;   enter " Juneau Whale Watch " with the quotes to find past comments about this company.  

Or look thru past trip reports to see which companies are highly reviewed.  

Is Juneau Shore Tours a whale watch vendor or just a booking company ?  Good way to tell is if their web site provides info about their boats and capts. 

5 hours ago, mapleleaves said:

Is Juneau Shore Tours a whale watch vendor or just a booking company ?  Good way to tell is if their web site provides info about their boats and capts. 

Thanks for reminding me!  Yes, It’s a booking co.  

I just saw pics on their site that I overlooked.  

They show pics of “Juneau Whale Watch” boats.  

I’m booking with J.W.W. Right now  

Edited by DebbieN167

Juneau Whale Watch is the actual operator and we have used them before - used the discount code on their website and it was very reasonable.

We very much enjoyed the tour - did the whale watch portion first and was actually on the water longer than we were supposed to be but saw a lot of whales.  Was dropped off at Mendenhall Glacier and didn't spend as much time as I would have like because of the rain but loved getting up close to Nugget Falls.  Got on the last shuttle (with the tour operator) back into town - had it not been raining, we probably would have stayed longer and grabbed a cab or public bus back.

Thank you Herfnerd!  

Good to hear. I booked it last night. Unfortunately we don’t dock until 12:30 (—10PM), I chose the 1:30 tour to be safe.  So we’ll be going to Mendnhall Glacier 1st.  

Do you remember when they actually leave?  

Is it about a 1/2 hr after check in?  Trying to guess what time we’ll be back since all aboard is probably 9-9:30. I d like to have a little time to check our Red Dog Saloon afterwards. 

On ‎11‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 10:40 AM, DebbieN167 said:

Thank you Herfnerd!  

Good to hear. I booked it last night. Unfortunately we don’t dock until 12:30 (—10PM), I chose the 1:30 tour to be safe.  So we’ll be going to Mendnhall Glacier 1st.  

Do you remember when they actually leave?  

Is it about a 1/2 hr after check in?  Trying to guess what time we’ll be back since all aboard is probably 9-9:30. I d like to have a little time to check our Red Dog Saloon afterwards. 

IIRC, our tour was booked for 1:30 as well - its a short walk from the ship to the base of Mt Roberts Tram where you will see a ton of other tour operators there.  Just look for the person with the JWW placard.

We were there in early September and originally was supposed to go to Mendenhall 1st as well.  But with sunset being what it was that time of year, they took us to Auke Bay and we did the whale watching portion first.  I believe you are going in June?  If that is the case, you should have plenty of daylight.  I think we boarded the bus not much later than our check-in.  Depending on what time you get back, you should have plenty of time to check out the Red Dog Saloon - we actually had dinner at Tracy's and then stopped in the Taku Store to pick up some salmon.

21686983_10212364524140731_5578773247965538718_o.jpg

21688116_10212364515220508_2638075831276120228_o.jpg

21761404_10212364522820698_7835245892684638959_n.jpg

21765628_10212364518460589_6634876966759714923_o.jpg

Edited by Herfnerd

Herfnerd,

Once again, thank you! Your pictures are beautiful. Yes, we’re going the beginning of June.  I keep hearing about Tracy’s. 

Bad thing is, I don’t eat seafood. LOL. I looked on their website for their menu so hubby can eat there. They have nothing except seafood! Probably will eat in Red Dog Saloon.