Port of Tampa Parking

SeaSharp

My DH and I are traveling with my 88 year old mother, so had a question about parking at the Port of Tampa, Terminal 6.  Since we only live about two hours away, we're driving to the Port.  Due to my mom's age and slight disability, I'm thinking parking "valet", rather than self-service, would be far easier on her.  Parking off-site is probably out of the question, but I don't mind paying valet costs, tips, etc., if this is a viable solution.  Any thoughts??  Has anyone done this and had good success??  

Or DH can drop you and mom off at the terminal with the bags and then go park. There's self-parking right near the terminal.  https://www.porttb.com/cruise-terminal-6

Are you sure you're leaving from terminal 6? When we sailed on the O-dam from Tampa we were at terminal 3, near the garage.  https://www.porttb.com/cruise-terminal-3

Edited by catl331

35 minutes ago, catl331 said:

Or DH can drop you and mom off at the terminal with the bags and then go park. There's self-parking right near the terminal.  https://www.porttb.com/cruise-terminal-6

Are you sure you're leaving from terminal 6? When we sailed on the O-dam from Tampa we were at terminal 3, near the garage.  https://www.porttb.com/cruise-terminal-3

DH has no mobility issues, nor do I, but my mom can't stand very long while we wait for him to return from self parking.  And my mom refuses to use a wheelchair for embarkation/disembarkation.  If it was just DH and myself, we'd definitely use self-parking.  I did check the Port of Tampa schedule and fairly sure Rotterdam will use Terminal 6, unless subject to last minute change.  Terminal 3 would be much easier, but Carnival's Miracle is scheduled for that one.  I've been monitoring the webcam on PTZtv and Rotterdam does seem to be using Terminal 6 when in port.  

DH and I do valet parking at the Port of Tampa all the time and love it. While ambulatory I do have some standing issues and I do need a wheelchair at embarkation and disembarkation because of the long distance to get on board/off the ship. At disembarkation, we also get a porter to get our luggage when we get to our zone. There is a special line at immigration for porters so we never have to wait in line. My wheelchair pusher and our porter take us right out to the valet parking area where our car is brought to us. The extra costs of the valet parking and tips for the wheelchair pusher and porter are well worth it and make embarkation and disembarkation easy for me and much less stressful.

On 11/16/2018 at 9:39 PM, Djptcp said:

DH and I do valet parking at the Port of Tampa all the time and love it. While ambulatory I do have some standing issues and I do need a wheelchair at embarkation and disembarkation because of the long distance to get on board/off the ship. At disembarkation, we also get a porter to get our luggage when we get to our zone. There is a special line at immigration for porters so we never have to wait in line. My wheelchair pusher and our porter take us right out to the valet parking area where our car is brought to us. The extra costs of the valet parking and tips for the wheelchair pusher and porter are well worth it and make embarkation and disembarkation easy for me and much less stressful.

Question Djptcp.  Did you order your wheelchair for embarkation thru your PCC??  Can you tell me how that works??  I’ve already made my reservations and paid my fees for parking valet at the port (thanks everyone for the good advice), and have had the “wheelchair talk” with my mom. She’s more receptive to the idea now. 

SeaSharp, I only make reservations for a HAL wheelchair at the Ft. Lauderdale cruise terminal, nowhere else. At the Port of Tampa, DH does the Valet parking and we take the elevator up to security and check in. The wheelchair people are right around the corner from where you go through security. You get a wheelchair and check in and go onboard. This is at Terminal 3 where we take Carnival cruises the most. We haven't sailed on the Rotterdam from Tampa. If you want to make a wheelchair reservation, contact the Special Needs Dept. at HAL and they will email you a form to complete and email back. This is what we do for sailing on HAL out of Ft. Lauderdale.

2 hours ago, SeaBands said:

the self park lot  across from the HAL pier offers free shuttle service to the ship and is much cheaper than the garage .

If it was just me and my DH, that's exactly what we'd do; but with my 87 year old mom, anything that will make it easier on her will make it easier on me.  Embarkation and disembarkation are the hardest for her.  

1 hour ago, Djptcp said:

SeaSharp, I only make reservations for a HAL wheelchair at the Ft. Lauderdale cruise terminal, nowhere else. At the Port of Tampa, DH does the Valet parking and we take the elevator up to security and check in. The wheelchair people are right around the corner from where you go through security. You get a wheelchair and check in and go onboard. This is at Terminal 3 where we take Carnival cruises the most. We haven't sailed on the Rotterdam from Tampa. If you want to make a wheelchair reservation, contact the Special Needs Dept. at HAL and they will email you a form to complete and email back. This is what we do for sailing on HAL out of Ft. Lauderdale.

Just contacted my PCC, she sent the special needs form, I filled it out and sent it back, and it's all handled now.  PCC said that the wheelchair will be waiting for her, and if she doesn't want it, it will be all right.  I'm pretty sure she'll use it and LIKE IT!!!  Also made the valet parking reservations, too.  Thanks again everyone for the help.  Going to have a GREAT cruise thanks to my CC HAL family.  

On 11/20/2018 at 10:11 AM, SeaBands said:

the self park lot  across from the HAL pier offers free shuttle service to the ship and is much cheaper than the garage .

What is the name of the self park lot, and how much does it cost?  We have paid $15 per day in the garage. Thanks.