MSC Divina - Deck 9 Aft Balcony Cabin

PTBarnum

Myself, and my mother are first time cruisers and both get motion sickness, can anyone reply and let us know if this will be a problem staying in a Aft Balcony Cabin, also if anyone has stayed on the 9th Deck on the MSC Divina. We are in Cabin #9270 and are sailing the Eastern Caribbean in Feb./2019. Thanks, for you're help and any replies you may have.  PT

Motion wise I find this location on Divina better than Seaside, there might be some vibrations when the ship is manuevering into/out of ports.  Deck nine aft cabins are two decks above the Black & White lounge/night club.  I try to stay on a higher deck for Fantasia class aft facing cabins because that venue often has music running late into the night and events throughout the day which might be heard a little, but the lower deck will give you less motion.

We had cabin 9270 on the Divina in January, 2017 and liked it very much.  We did not notice that there was more motion there than in the rest of the ship, and the view from the balcony was spectacular.  We also did not notice noise from the lounge.  We liked that it was so close to the outside back stairway with its large viewing area.  Highly recommend!  Happy cruising!

2 hours ago, PTBarnum said:

Relaxatsea,  thanx for the information , did u have any problems with being seasick from being at the back of the boat or the boat rocking being at the back ??   Thanx, JT

We did not get seasick at all.  In our experience,  we feel more motion in the forward cabins.  When we have a choice, we always prefer aft balconies.

However, I should probably add that we do not usually get seasick no matter how bad the seas (lucky us!).  In 2016, we cruised around Cape Horn with its notoriously rough seas, and we were fine.  It was quite an adventure!

Even so, we always take Bonine with us just in case (there could always be a first time!).  Ask your doctor for advice on this.

Edited by relaxatsea