X Solstice class adjoining cabins question

ikelmay

Hi all, appealing for information regarding cabins.  I've avoided adjoining cabins on all our travels, but I'm looking at a cruise with the Silhouette next year.  Can experienced travellers who may have had an adjoining (interlocking) cabins confirm if there are any noise issues with neighbours?

Do the adjoining cabins have an internal door?  My impression is that X simply 'connects' the exterior cabin corridor doors and creates the connection that way but I've never travelled in one so I would want to be very careful about selecting a cabin with an interior connecting door.  I'm paranoid about ambient noise so I've avoided them in the past having experienced issues with Carnival many years ago

A cruise on the Silhouette next year has aft SV cabins available which all seem to be adjoining.  Your thoughts and input would be most welcome.

On all of the S class ships with the exception of Reflection, the connector is an external door -- you can create a little foyer between the two rooms if you wish, otherwise the door is just the normal door to the corridor, no different than the non-connecting cabins.  

In other words -- all the doors will look the same from the corridor unless the people in the adding cabins choose to create the connection between them.