Disappearing Itinerary

CoolOne56

Hi everyone,

My granddaughter will be turning 21 the end of March 2020.  In September, my son found a great itinerary - Eastern Caribbean from FL on Magic - St. Marteen, St. Kitts, San Juan, Grand Turk (8 day).  A few days later, I went back onto Carnival’s website to research the ports and the itinerary was gone!!  This itinerary is now only sailing January, February and April of 2020.

So, I looked for something similar and found - Eastern Caribbean from FL on Magic - St. Marteen, Antigua, San Juan, Grand Turk (8 day).  However, it appears there is only one sailing date - February 29, 2020.

Two questions:  (1) Has anyone experienced an itinerary “disappear”? (2) Do you think more sailings for either itinerary will be added?

Edited by CoolOne56

It could be a website glitch or they are making changes to your itinerary

2020 itinerary was released last week with rumor of more dancing of the ships. this might be why your cruise could disappear. your ship or itinerary could change

A few months ago, my cruise disappear off of the carnival website for a week due to them changing the ship. then my cruise re-appear with the new ship name

9 hours ago, CoolOne56 said:

Thanks shof515, but I've been checking since the end of September.  I thought it may reappear on the Radiance, but the ship will be in dry dock the end of March 2020.

Well, there's your answer - Carnival firmed up the drydock dates, so they cancelled the cruises on Magic for those dates.

I do wonder what happened to the folks that booked already - do they get simply cancelled, or offered up a different itinerary/ship?

EDIT: indeed, there is an 8-day gap in Magic's schedule, March 28-April 5 2020 - is that enough for a drydock?  Dunno.  Maybe, as suggested, someone booked out the whole (rest of) the cruise).

Edited by ProgRockCruiser

3 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

Well, there's your answer - Carnival firmed up the drydock dates, so they cancelled the cruises on Magic for those dates.

I do wonder what happened to the folks that booked already - do they get simply cancelled, or offered up a different itinerary/ship?

We, along with quite a few others, are booked on the Magic for that cruise on Feb. 29 / 2020.  As of today (11/21/18), there has been no mention of that cruise/itinerary being canceled or rescheduled. We booked it because it's an itinerary that isn't offered very often. CoolOne56,  if you book that cruise, you'll find us on another social media site. 

3 minutes ago, beachbum53 said:

We, along with quite a few others, are booked on the Magic for that cruise on Feb. 29 / 2020.  As of today (11/21/18), there has been no mention of that cruise/itinerary being canceled or rescheduled. We booked it because it's an itinerary that isn't offered very often. CoolOne56,  if you book that cruise, you'll find us on another social media site. 

If you mean you are concerned your sailing is going to disappear:

Check my edited post: that's not the cruise/gap I ended up finding, since the OP said "Late-March".

Your cruise is still listed for booking.

Edited by ProgRockCruiser

2 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

Check my edited post: that's not the cruise/gap I ended up finding, since the OP said "Late-March".

Your cruise is still listed for booking.

Thanks. I was just letting the OP know, if she's interested, that that cruise on 2/29/20 is still available, and that it's kind of unique, since it isn't offered very often. 

I'm sorry, I may have confused some of you.  The Victory will be transformed into the Radiance during March 18 to April 26, 2020 - so the itinerary & dates I'm looking for will not be on the Radiance.  The original itinerary was for March 28, 2020 on the Magic.  I did call Carnival, I was told the ship (Magic) was not sold out nor chartered and was told of the other sailing dates. Even on this website, under Find a Cruise, it's listed for March 28, 2020, but it also post:  No prices currently available for this sailing.  Please try a different departure date.

Beachbum53, we may be joining you on the 2/29/20. I'll discuss this with family over Thanksgiving. :classic_biggrin:

1 hour ago, CoolOne56 said:

I'm sorry, I may have confused some of you.  The Victory will be transformed into the Radiance during March 18 to April 26, 2020 - so the itinerary & dates I'm looking for will not be on the Radiance.  The original itinerary was for March 28, 2020 on the Magic.  I did call Carnival, I was told the ship (Magic) was not sold out nor chartered and was told of the other sailing dates. Even on this website, under Find a Cruise, it's listed for March 28, 2020, but it also post:  No prices currently available for this sailing.  Please try a different departure date.

Beachbum53, we may be joining you on the 2/29/20. I'll discuss this with family over Thanksgiving. :classic_biggrin:

Our first visit to St. Maarten was on a cruise in 2017, before the hurricane. I'm hoping they'll have pretty well recovered by the time we get there. Antigua is our favorite island. Can't wait to go back! We always have a good time in San Juan. And Grand Turk is.......okay. I just wish Carnival would ban the vendors from the beach area. All in all, a really good itinerary, and one that's not offered very often. If you book this cruise, you won't be sorry. :classic_wink:

I thought I'd give a try at contacting John Heald via Facebook.  I told him of the "disappearing itinerary".  I asked what happened to the March 29, 2020 sailing? Will there be a March sailing for this itinerary or the itinerary going to Antigua?  Here's his reply:

John Heald - yes there will be and it will include Antigua and Grand Turk as ports. The details will be online in the next week or so and please then keep checking. Thanks and hope to see you soon.

(Doing the Dance of Joy) :classic_biggrin:

• 1 month later...
On ‎11‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 8:25 AM, beachbum53 said:

Well beachbum53, look like I'll be joining you on Feb. 29, 2020! 😃