YOUR FAVORITE ISLAND AND FAVORITE TOUR ...and WHY

motherchic

We have soo many times stated which island we have loved (or not )

Lets start a list for everyone :

Which islands did you absolutely enjoy and what tours are a "not too miss"?

Some of the Ports of call threads are full of information and then others are very difficult to find info on. Cabo San Lucas, Huatulco... and i am sure there are others

Sooo... share your best tips for places to see, do and not to miss...

I love St Thomas- love the view from the tram. I enjoy the jewelery shopping and walking down the pathways and then seeing that breathtaking view of the port. Stop for a frozen drink-then start shopping and haggling with the shopkeepers

Aruba- i love this island-Be sure to buy some Agatha Perfume while you are there ( its wonderful ) enjoy the beach, buy some of their great Aloe Gel that they make there and stop and eat and drink at one of the popular bars there

Hi Texed,

I am talking about any island, country and any excursian.

So many of us come here for info and enjoyment-I just think the bigger this thread gets the better it will get! Look how many hits the "secrets" one has gotten.

My best days have been totally suggested from this board.I have never been steered wrong

Thanks for adding yout tip

I love all of the islands in the Caribbean but I would have to say my favorite place is Bermuda. Sitting on the beach I just couldn't get over the pink sand and the color of that beautiful water. I was in heaven.

My favorite excursion was in Panama. We took a boat ride on the Panama Canal ( Gaton Lake) to see the white faced monkeys. The driver pulled the boat right along side the shore & gave us apple pieces, the monkeys came right out of the trees & we hand fed them. They were so cute & it was exciting to see them so close. Got tons of pictures that day.

My choice of islands seems to have quite a bit to do with the tours we took, so St Maarten and the Eagle Catamaran would have to be up there as a beautiful beach and island scenery and also St Thomas for the BOB excursion I did and the cable car views of the bay. I am not a great shopper, so apart from walking to the shops for a bottle of Baileys in St Maarten, I can't say much for that.

As for the best tour, Mazatlan Frank's "Real Mexico" last year without a doubt. Great host, interesting and unspoilt scenery and a varied tour without it being too commercial. The weather was wonderful too.

Phil

I have loved so many and keep returning to St. Thomas, St. Maartin, love the water and the shopping. I think my favorite so far is Kauai in the Hawaiian Islands. We did a movie tour which goes from place to place on the island and shows you where movies where filmed and then you watch it in their bus in the same scenery that you are looking at and we followed that up with a helicopter ride to the most beautiful scenery I have ever scene. It is quite breathetaking.

I am going to Alaska this summer and also going on a helicopter trip to a glacier. I expect it will equally spectacular, or at least I hope.

Most times we do our own tours of cities by bus and walking, so for us it's more "favorite cities". To begin, Victoria in British Columbia, Canada - many Alaska cruises stop at this town and it's one of our favorites. We always take the local bus out to Butchart Gardens whether it's rainy or sunny to see the beautiful flowers, lakes, fountains and ponds. Never tire of seeing this gem...Hop on hop off bus in Auckland, New Zealand - stops at all the sites you'd want to see in the time frame you want - just have to remember to catch the last one so as not to miss the ship. There is also a Wellington City Circular Bus tour that does the same thing - best surprise there was catching the cable car to the Botanic Gardens - great trees, flowers and most amazing playground for kids...Healesville Sanctuary tour in Hobart, Australia - great way to see the animals up close and from a little distance. Favorite port - Sydney, Australia - great walking city, great shopping, restaurants, culture etc. Favorite cruise NZ to Australia - a must do with pre and post hotel stays or you will regret that you didn't add those extra days! :p

Archived