MSC now taking away the Fantastica drink vouchers we booked as part of the experience

Mattnvick

After all the talk about who gets what regarding drinks, especially as  now things seem to be changing what people are told on an almost daily basis on MSC Hubby decided to call them to make sure we were going to get what we had booked.

He is now on the phone arguing with them as when we booked our cruise (sailing April 2019) back in January 2018 we booked Fantastica which included 12 drink vouchers as part of the package NOT a promotion. Also as shown to be included in their 2018 brochure. 

When we booked the DOU wasnt even on as a promotion. We got mealtime drinks as a promo when we booked. However the vouchers were completely separate.  

Agent on the phone is trying to tell us now we don't get them. This is actually taking away something that was not a promotion but part of the package that we booked. A downgrade if they dont honour it as they say and they arent going to replace them with anything for us. The agent has just told him Every one else was happy with not getting them and he doesnt see the problem.......

He has asked to speak to a supervisor. We will see what happens. 

Edited by Mattnvick

9 minutes ago, Mattnvick said:

He is now on the oh2one arguing with them as when we booked our cruise (sailing April 2019) back in January 2018 we booked Fantastica which included 12 drink vouchers as part of the package NOT a promotion. Also as shown to be included in their 2018 brochure.

From what I have read on other threads the vouchers were marked in the T&C's as available for cruises until March 2019, others have said it was not very clear unless you read the small print in detail.

Edited by ziggyuk

10 minutes ago, ziggyuk said:

Read this thread, I think it explains things:

I know that i wrote it lol. 

The dummy booking was done on line this past week and yes it clearly says after March sailings you dont get the vouchers

But that change to the experience  was madeby MSC  in August this year. We booked back in January.

You cant make a contract with someone for something and then because at a later date you change the package by taking away some of the things that were included, then not honour what you contracted to do. 

I agree if we had booked AFTER they made this change to the Fantastica experince then we would certainly not be getting them. But we booked months before and thats the reason we booked Fantastica over Bella. No other reason.    

Edited by Mattnvick

6 minutes ago, Mattnvick said:

I know that i wrote it. The dummy booking was done on line and it clearly says after March sailings you dont get the vouchers

Sorry I did not notice you started that, it was just one of many I could have linked to that talk about the end date.

Did you use the link in the last post by Ate, I think it shows the bad situation.

See here:

Update:

After waiting for 15 mins for a supervisor, the agent who he was talking to originally comes back on and says yes actually anyone that booked before August gets the vouchers as at that time they were included. 

A bit more training needed for that agent.  She argued for a long time we were not entitled to them and did not want to pass us on to someone higher up. Would love to have been a fly on the call in the call centre........ 

Edited by Mattnvick

8 minutes ago, ziggyuk said:

Sorry I did not notice you started that, it was just one of many I could have linked to that talk about the end date.

Did you use the link in the last post by Ate, I think it shows the bad situation.

See here:

Yes all the talk back then ( a long 14 or so days ago) was that many people would lose out on their packages as less for more seemed rampant.

Since then MSC have changed the goal posts again, even letting those already booked to now upgrade to the OLD  packages as long as its done before some date in early December.

Never a dull moment when you have a cruise booked with them thats for sure.......  

Edited by Mattnvick

Never a dull moment when you have a cruise booked with them thats for sure.......  

Edited 15 minutes ago by Mattnvick

That is exactly why I would never cruise with them again. Why on earth would anyone prepay for a cruise when you do not know what you will be getting?? They pulled the same scam on me when I cruised with them in Jan. The end result will be you will get what they want to give you, not what they claim you will get!

1 hour ago, Mattnvick said:

After all the talk about who gets what regarding drinks, especially as  now things seem to be changing what people are told on an almost daily basis on MSC Hubby decided to call them to make sure we were going to get what we had booked.

He is now on the phone arguing with them as when we booked our cruise (sailing April 2019) back in January 2018 we booked Fantastica which included 12 drink vouchers as part of the package NOT a promotion. Also as shown to be included in their 2018 brochure. 

When we booked the DOU wasnt even on as a promotion. We got mealtime drinks as a promo when we booked. However the vouchers were completely separate.  

Agent on the phone is trying to tell us now we don't get them. This is actually taking away something that was not a promotion but part of the package that we booked. A downgrade if they dont honour it as they say and they arent going to replace them with anything for us. The agent has just told him Every one else was happy with not getting them and he doesnt see the problem.......

He has asked to speak to a supervisor. We will see what happens. 

What ship are you booked on??. We just got off the Divina Sunday and we had unlimited drink promo plus our 12 vouchers.   There is something wrong here for sure. Sounds to me reorganization problems....

What ship are you booked on??. We just got off the Divina Sunday and we had unlimited drink promo plus our 12 vouchers.   There is something wrong here for sure. Sounds to me reorganization problems....

14 NASCAR yes you would have got them as you have sailed before March 2019 when they are supposed to be stopped. Ours wasnt a promo though but part of the experience and although we aren't sailing til April they now say we will get them......

Diesel:

Yeah i tend to agree with you that We might well get what they want to give us not what we booked....... So despite what the agent said yes im skeptical. Until I'm on board and have the vouchers in my hand only then will i believe.

Edited by Mattnvick

It would be great if some of the folks that had called previously and were "ok" with losing their fantastica vouchers, despite booking before the end of the vouchers was announced in August, would call msc back and talk to them again about it 

26 minutes ago, Mattnvick said:

What ship are you booked on??. We just got off the Divina Sunday and we had unlimited drink promo plus our 12 vouchers.   There is something wrong here for sure. Sounds to me reorganization problems....

14 NASCAR yes you would have got them as you have sailed before March 2019 when they are supposed to be stopped. Ours wasnt a promo though but part of the experience and although we aren't sailing til April they now say we will get them......

Diesel:

Yeah i tend to agree with you that We might well get what they want to give us not what we booked....... So despite what the agent said yes im skeptical. Until I'm on board and have the vouchers in my hand only then will i believe.

Even with vouchers in hand they might figure a way to void them.  They gave me a voucher for a free specialty dinner because I needed to move to another room(sewer smell ). Nice gesture,right? Used it in spec. rest. next night and they charged it on my account.  Disputed it at GS and the SAME person who gave it to me the day before denied giving it to me and they would not remove charge. I could fill this whole page about the problems I had on this cruise ! Was not a very enjoyable cruise,worst one ever. These MSC cheerleaders on this forum need to lay down their pom-poms! Good luck with your cruise.

We really like MSC Seaside more than Divina..We were told by someone employed on Divina that they switch personnel all the time. So that will cause poor organization for sure.. Also noticed the European passengers always had their first priority everywhere.  MSC does have some things to improve on. On our cruise the dishwasher broke down for the glasses but didn’t know that till last night. Seaside was more organized with meal dining and bartenders were very  friendly and courteous.  Just enjoy your cruise and eat the pizza the best on both ships. The ports are also good.  

2 hours ago, Mattnvick said:

Diesel:

They should be in your cabin but if I were you..ask when checking in

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Does anyone have an update on this "drinkvouchers" topic? I just completed our web check in for our cruise april 27th and the drink vouchers are still mentioned as "included" on the travel document MSC sent me yesterday. No expiration date or whatever is mentioned...

9 minutes ago, MMJJOli4 said:

Does anyone have an update on this "drinkvouchers" topic? I just completed our web check in for our cruise april 27th and the drink vouchers are still mentioned as "included" on the travel document MSC sent me yesterday. No expiration date or whatever is mentioned...

It's really just wait and see what happens on the first sailings in April. 

I am on the March 30 Splendida sailing out of Dubai and was promised the vouchers by the MSC booking agent when I booked also, then told on the phone in a call in January to MSC that the vouchers would NOT be included, and now have the printed PROOF showing the 12 Fantastica drink vouchers on my boarding pass!  Will only believe it when I am actually holding the vouchers in my hand once onboard! 😵

11 hours ago, Tinkerbell8 said:

Please report back after your cruise whether or not you have received the vouchers.

We have the same statement on our e-tickets saying that 12 vouchers will be included.

Very curious to know if they will honour it. 

I will try when in port as we will not have internet on this 29 day sailing. Then a couple days in Tokyo followed by a 15 day sailing back home on the HAL Westerdam, again without an internet package.

Edited by lambs2

I’ve been arguing with msc about these vouchers for months. Sailing 4/23 Baltic cruise. When booked agent specifically said we’d get them. I don’t feel it’s up to me to check on the validity of what an agent tells me. Why would one book a more expensive experience when you get the same as a lower one? Adequate cabin location for Bella was available but the vouchers made Fantastica a better deal. No longer.  I cruise often and this is a 1st on msc. So far the experience is making this a one and done.  I will say a $50 cabin credit has been added to my account but that doesn’t begin to cover the value of the vouchers that I place at around $200 for two of us. I think we’ve been cheated and deceived by msc!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bulldogatl said:

Why it's so important to print out all your documents, reservations, orders, etc along the way.  They definitely owe you the drinks.  

I am on Apr 12 Mediterranean cruise. My e-ticket states the 12 drink vouchers are included. But I think it’s just an IT glitch. Hopefully they will honor it but I do not hold my breath. I am sure if I sue them I will prevail since it’s in writing, but would I spend my precious vacation time arguing with them over it – probably not.   

27 minutes ago, alkotik said:

I am on Apr 12 Mediterranean cruise. My e-ticket states the 12 drink vouchers are included. But I think it’s just an IT glitch. Hopefully they will honor it but I do not hold my breath. I am sure if I sue them I will prevail since it’s in writing, but would I spend my precious vacation time arguing with them over it – probably not.   

Save it for the meet and mingle, when you can discuss it with someone who can take a decision. 

• Like 1